Add reviewer's and reviewee's without submittals

Add reviewer's and reviewee's without submittals

by Dan Noonan -
Number of replies: 2

Good Morning,

Is there a way to assign a Participant a set of students as reviewer's before the Participant has made that submittal?

and.......

Is there a way to assign a Participant a set of students as reviewee's before the Participant has made that submittal?

What we want to do is set up the Workshop Participants with five students that will review them and five students that can be reviewed by them before going to the Submission phase (i.e. do it during the Setup phase)

Thanks,

Dan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Noonan

Re: Add reviewer's and reviewee's without submittals

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is there a way to assign a Participant a set of students as reviewer's before the Participant has made that submittal?

No. The reviews are internally allocated per submission, not per user. So you need the submission first. In a future version, I plan to add a feature that would automatically pre-create empty submissions for all authors, so this would be possible. But not in current versions.

Is there a way to assign a Participant a set of students as reviewee's before the Participant has made that submittal?

Well, yes. As long as those being-reviewed students themselves have submitted something. The reviewers themselves do not need to submit anything.

set up the Workshop Participants with five students that will review them and five students that can be reviewed by them

As said above, this is not easy, if possible, to set up. You would need to temporarily switch the workshop (which might be hidden yet from regular students) to the submission phase, log in as each participant, submit an empty draft submission and then allocate it for assessment. Once that is done, you can show the workshop to students. As long as the workshop remains in the submission phase, they can edit the pre-created submission records.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Add reviewer's and reviewee's without submittals

by Dan Noonan -

Thanks for the quick reply David.

Didn't see where I could do it, but wanted to ask a better set of eyes than mine.

Take care,

Dan