Quiz Log Entry

Quiz Log Entry

by Caryl Gordon -
Number of replies: 4
Good morning fellow Moodlers,

We are using Moodle 2.8.7. I am looking at a student's activity logs for a quiz. In the Event name column is an entry for Quiz attempt abandoned. I have never seen this before. Does anyone know what this means? Did the student close the quiz, was Internet connection lost, etc.? See attached screen shot.

Thanks in advance for any information,
Caryl

Attachment Abandoned.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Caryl Gordon

Re: Quiz Log Entry

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In the quiz settings (possibly Show more...) what is "When time expires" set to?

If it is set to "Attempts must be submitted before time expires, or they are not counted", then that log entry is what you get when time expires.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Paul Nicholls -

If you have it set to allow a grace period, it's also what you'll see if the grace period expires and the student still hasn't submitted their attempt.  The "Open attempts are submitted automatically" option, on the other hand, will do as it says - automatically submit any open attempts when the time limit is up, so that nobody's attempt ends up abandoned.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Caryl Gordon -

Awesome, thank you so much! I had never seen that entry before so it threw me off. Have a wonderful day!

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Caryl Gordon -

Awesome, thank you so much! It is true, you can teach an old dog new tricks!!!! Have a great day!