A good experience with Workshop

A good experience with Workshop

by Mira Vogel -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know about a couple of write-ups from two iterations of using Workshop with a small-ish cohort of students using it for non-compulsory peer review.  The write-ups go into the nitty gritty  of the settings and anticipating pitfalls - I hope they are useful. Any further suggestions based on your experience would be much appreciated.

The major insight for us was the importance of the instructions - understanding how and when the description, instructions for submission, and instructions for assessment display to students, and using the News Forum to remind students about what to do any when - this latter required the tutors to write diary notes to send out those Forum posts (Moodle Events may help us here in future). The change to Workshop we would most appreciate is allocation on demand, allowing tutors to set a softer deadline without having to manually allocate late work.

We've reached a high level of satisfaction now with both students and staff - thank you David and all for a really helpful activity.

First iteration:

http://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/ele/2015/02/13/peer-review-with-the-moodle-workshop-activity-a-close-look/

Second iteration:

http://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/ele/2015/03/18/a-good-peer-review-experience-with-moodle-workshop/

All the best,

Mira - University College London

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mira Vogel

Re: A good experience with Workshop

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks a lot Mira for these great blog posts.

I added links to both to MDL-43280 that I currently use as a to-do list for future Workshop development. Many things raised in your report are definitely to be considered, some of them hopefully in Workshop 3.0 version (such as handling of late submissions and overall UI and navigation redesign).

Please watch this forum, I would like to have the community involved in new code prototypes tests etc.

Thanks again to you and the whole UCL workshop team for this useful contribution!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

回應: Re: A good experience with Workshop

by alex chiou -

Hi, David:

I would be very glad to involve in new code prototypes tests for your Workshop 3.0.

please notify me when Workshop 3.0 is ready to test.

thanks for your contribution to Workshop module.

Alex