Bulk 'Edit Quiz' Feature at the Course Level?

Bulk 'Edit Quiz' Feature at the Course Level?

by Justin Almeida -
Number of replies: 2
Moodle 2.7.3
No coding experience.

I searched through the 18 results for 'quiz bulk option forumid:121' and did not find what I'm looking for, nor was there a section in the Quiz FAQ which I found surprising.  So either I'm missing a very simply solution to this issue or the manner in which I'm using quizzes is that far off the reservation.  smile

So I have multiple quizzes (Avg. 9-15) in multiple course taught by multiple teachers (all who want their own settings) where there's no doubt it would be quicker to have a course level page from which to change options in bulk under quiz settings; the open/close dates, Review Options, Time Limit, attempts allowed, etc.

I cannot use the global general settings because I'm trying to catering to multiple teachers.

Is there an option to do this within moodle that I'm simply overlooking?  It's been a constant sore for me since M1.9 and was hoping when we finally upgraded there would be such an option but not finding one.

Thanks! ..and hello.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Almeida

Re: Bulk 'Edit Quiz' Feature at the Course Level?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The best way to do this is have each teacher create a quiz with their preferred options.  Then they should save it with no questions in a section that is either hidden or deleted (creating an invisible activity).  Whenever, they want a quiz with those options, just have the duplicate their quiz template and add their questions.