Atto editor forces cloze question to new line

Atto editor forces cloze question to new line

by Bernat Martinez -
Number of replies: 4

We are trying Moodle 2.7.3, as we want maths question look nicer using mathjax. But when we built a cloze question, when we introduce the answer field ({1:NM:=2} ) it goes to the next line, see attachment .

Not found any similar in the forums. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Attachment Captura de pantalla 2015-01-04 a la(s) 20.26.49.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bernat Martinez

Re: Atto editor forces cloze question to new line

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think the issue with the line breaks is just question of using the correct delimiter.  MathJax treats $$ and \[ \] and display style delimeters (meaning one expression per line separate from text). The TeX notation filter treats these as inline (expressions mixed with text). Normally with MathJax this is done with \( \) as the delimiters. You could rewrite the question to use those delimiters, or change the MathJax configuration to use the other delimiters as inline, or if you are using MathJax loader filter in 2.7, you can check the backward capatability admin setting.  The last two methods will change all display style to inline site wide.  (This may or may not be desirable).

In reply to Daniel Thies

by Bernat Martinez -

Thanks for your answer. Now I have activated both MathJax and TEX filters and it works

In reply to Bernat Martinez

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I had forgotten about the possibility of using both, but I think that is a new feature with Moodle 2.8.  In 2.7 MathJax and TeX filter were not as compatible.  In 2.8 it is also helpful to configure the SVG option.

In reply to Daniel Thies

by Bernat Martinez -

Yes, you are right,  I have tried in M 2.8, in M2.7 doesn't work