Recording audio and/or video directly from camera to Editor

Recording audio and/or video directly from camera to Editor

by Nate Baxley -
Number of replies: 4

I'm looking for a way to record audio and/or video from the camera on my laptop and upload it straight to a ATTO editor.  We're currently using Wimba in the TinyMCE version and we've looked into the PoodLL plugin, but neither fits our needs just right.  Has anyone looked at other alternatives?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Nate Baxley

Re: Recording audio and/or video directly from camera to Editor

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I CAN use Poodll plugins to record videos into editor straight away. 

You can use Poodll icons in the editor tool bar, or from repository dialogue box, or even from Database Add entry form.

In reply to William Lu

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Hi William, there are a lot of people who would like to know how you do that. I don't use video myself, but i am sure that others would if they knew they could. Would it be possible for you to add a new Moodle Doc outlining how that can be done? Or if there is an existing doc, expand on it? That would be excellent, thank you. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Colin,

Here is the most detailed instruction: http://poodll.com/documentation/1.0/1/poodll-2-for-moodle-2-x/

Trust me: it is very easy to installl/update Poodll for you Moodle, without any need of changes from you IT department, everything can be done through the 'Install plugin' interface. It is so easy to use as out-of-box and work well!

Trust Justin: Any plugins from Poodll, is USEFUL and reliable, never crush and always up-to-date.

I am happy to answer some question if I could. 

All I can say now is: Install Poodll and try it, you will see the Poodll lovely buttons appear inside the tool bar of HTML editor; or as a big button in the submit assignment field; or a camera in the 'Add New Entry' form.....  

In reply to Nate Baxley

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What about Wimba and PoodLL don't fit your needs? That would help to answer the question I think.