What exactly has happened to my journals?

What exactly has happened to my journals?

by Hans de Zwart -
Number of replies: 2
I have upgraded to 1.5 with my production server yesterday. I am still amazed that an upgrade that goes so far in changing things only takes 20 minutes and goes flawless. Congratulations to everybody who made that possible! big grin. But this is off topic...

I was wondering what has happened to my journals. I realise that they are still there as the new "online assignment" and that they are still there as entries in the journal module, and that the journal module is now hidden by default.

However how does it work inside my courses. With the above settings (standard after the upgrade) and in courses with a weekly format I see no more journals. I only see the online assignments when I click to see the assignment overview. I do not see them on the course homepage.

Can anybody explain to me how I drop the journal module (I prefer not to use a deprececated (is that how you spell it?) but still have all my old journals showing in the weekly outline but now as the new online assignment?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hans de Zwart

Re: What exactly has happened to my journals?

by James Robertson -

I have a similar problem.  I have restored a course in 1.5 (9 June zip download) that was built under 1.4.3.  The original included a journal.  The resources before and after the journal are included, but the journal is not.  There is also no replacement assignment.  I can add a new assignment activity and it looks OK until you use the < jump to > navigation tool -- then you see both the old journal (listed as a journal) and the new assignment.  The old journal appears to work fine and be completely intact, except that I cannot access it in any other way.  I also can't delete it, because it doesn't show up in the activity list on the course page.

So I need to either (1) make the old journal activity visible on the course page and delete the new assignment or (2) delete the old journal activity.  Anyone know how to do one or the other?

Thanks,

Jim Robertson.