Quiz question types not appearing

Quiz question types not appearing

by Sarah Long -
Number of replies: 9

When creating a quiz, the button "choose a question type to add" shows nothing. Source code appears to be creating a popup/iframe or whatever with zero height. All quiz questions are on server. Everthing was fine before upgrade to 2.2 This happens on all browsers and both in-house and at home.Does anyone have any ideas please?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Long

Re: Quiz question types not appearing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there -just to get some extra information  -you say "everything was fine before the upgrade to 2.2" Which version were you on before? Did the quiz work fine in 2.1? And is this for all users or just one user?

In reply to Sarah Long

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Sarah,

Do you have some add-on question types installed on your moode site, i.e. question types other than those that are part of the standard distribution?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sarah Long -

We were at version 2 I believe. We have no add-on question types of any sort.

Someone who knows tells me that the source shows that it is trying to draw a table of zero height.

We have changed to different themes but it makes no difference

In reply to Sarah Long

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sarah,

Are you actually talking about creating a quiz, OR creating a new question in the question bank OR adding a question from the question bank to a Quiz?

There is no such thing as a button "choose a question type to add".

Please take a screenshot of your situation and post it here so we can actually SEE the problem.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This issue is also being discussed elsewhere online and I prompted the OP to come and ask here. I believe she is seeing the same as in the first screenshot here https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=216544 - and when asked to go to the Manage questions page (to see if there are indeed any extra question types) she is getting a blank screen and an HTTP 500 internal server error.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -

Ok - this is the debug message : PHP Warning: require_once(D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle_migration\m oodle/question/type/gapselect/questiontypebase.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle_migration\moodle\questio n\type\ddimageortext\questiontypebase.php on line 31

So I am deducing these are two non-standard question types (from the OU, gapselect and ddimageortext) that have caused the problem?