Archive (ZIP) filetype cannot be accepted moodle 2.5

Archive (ZIP) filetype cannot be accepted moodle 2.5

by Julian Agudelo -
Number of replies: 14

Hi, recently I have installed moodle on AWS, using elasticbeanstalk. All was working fine except when I tried to upload a scorm package (Zip file):

Archive (ZIP) filetype cannot be accepted

Moodle 2.5

Apache and Mysql,

Thanks,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian Agudelo

Re: Archive (ZIP) filetype cannot be accepted moodle 2.5

by Julian Agudelo -

Maybe this could be an issue from moodle 2.5? or from how I installed moodle,

Need some help, or more info where to search

Thanks,

by Tammy Brice -

I have this same issue and I have posted about it in the forum.  I host Moodle on a Linux box and a Windows box.  I just upgraded Moodle to 2.5.1 on both and now I (we) can no longer upload SCORM courses.  It's very frustrating when you are on a customer deadline.

In reply to Tammy Brice

by Julian Agudelo -

you're right!

Have you done anything else? 

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Julian,

It sounds as though you're trying to upload a zip file to the course summary files area in the course settings, rather than in the course itself. You need to click the 'Save changes' button and then on the next page you'll be able to upload your zip file.

Course summary files (normally just images) are only for displaying on the page which lists all the courses.

In reply to Helen Foster

by scott braithwaite -

just came across the same problem and finding your reply here saved me masses of time helen thank you and thank you julian for posting the problem in the first place

In reply to scott braithwaite

Re: Archive (ZIP) filetype cannot be accepted moodle 2.5 [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Scott, nice to hear that this discussion helped you. smile The forums are a great resource if you're willing to try searching.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Archive (ZIP) filetype cannot be accepted moodle 2.5 [Solved]

by Julian Agudelo -

Helen and Scott, thanks for your replies, Now I can upload scorm packages!! big grinbig grin

In reply to Helen Foster

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Helen,

If course summary files are just made to put images, there should be a verification to only allow these types of files...

No time now to create an entry in the tracker ; hope you can do that.

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Floyd Saner -

In Moodle 2.5 and higher you can specify the file types permitted for upload in the course summary area:

Site administration ... Appearance ... Courses

Scroll down to Course summary files extensions.  I have been able to permit .zip, .doc, .docx, .pdf, and many other file types.  You might also want to adjust the Course Summary Files Limit setting also.

The default setting for image files only is probably to avoid the confusion of people uploading files in the summary area and thinking they will be included in the course. 

~Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Marcus Heyeckhaus -

Thanks Floyd,

that was exactly the information I was looking for.

Cheers

Marcus

In reply to Helen Foster

by Nick Raj -

Hello all. I know this is an old thread, but I am having a similar challenge. I struggled with the initial issue posed, but have gotten past that as I see the original file upload field is just for images. However, once I get past that, I cannot determine where I can upload the SCORM zip file I have. Can someone give me some guidance?