General help

Sending the email confirmation again

At work
Sending the email confirmation again

Hi

I have one curious situation:

The user fill the Moodle registration form, receives the confirmation email, and "accidentally" deletes the confirmation email.

I am looking to code a "Send me the email confirmation again" feature with a random word image verification (captcha) before sending the request.

Otherwise:

The user will be forever locked until he reply the email confirmation.

Is someone find it useful i will start to coding this feature. If someone already knows the way to do it ! please tell me

Best regards! 

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Petr Kalis
Re: Sending the email confirmation again

He can write to admin, explain his situation and admin can confirm him manually, but i think you are not looking for thiswink.
PK

At work

Thank´s Petr

That will helps! i will do it to solve the situations i have now!

Best regard´s  

Picture of Ken Tuley

there's a limit on the "life" of the confirmation request. so after it expires, the user can just start again....
and you can configure the expire time....
I also changed the text that displays when the confirmation mail is sent, to check junk boxes, spam filters etc, and that they only have 3 days (my setting) in which to take action on the confirmation mail, or they will have to start over.
Hope that helps.
Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
At work

Thank´s Ken

I will change the text showing  more details in the confirmation message as you have done!

I will search where i can  change the settings of expire time for the confirmation request.

If i code some re-send email confirmation with a captcha feature i will post it back in this thread!.

Best regards. 

Picture of Ken Duus

I had alternative thought on this that might help - is it possible to get Moodle to dump a carbon-copy of that registration confirm email back to the Site Administrator?

As Site Administrator, I can set up an email inbox that will just filter based on subject line and store these emails safely (with limited access for security purposes, etc) and, if needed, as Site Administrator I can later filter through these Moodle generated emails and re-send the required email...

Is there a setting in Moodle to have all of the Moodle site-generated emails carbon-copied to a specific mailbox to do this?

I want to institute this into a Moodle site, if possible.  It would then be possible for me to re-send the original email which Moodle doesn't store.  It would also give me absolute evidence that the registration confirmation emails are being sent out by the Moodle system, so I can more accurately advise as Site Administrator that the email went at such and such a time etc and might be captured in your junk box...

Cheers

Ken

Picture of Dominik Stuerzer

I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a button to the notification page to call "send_confirmation_email($user)" again.

My efforts so far were not successfull. Maybe someone could provide a tip how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Dominik

Picture of Mathieu Petit-Clair
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

This feature has been requested and somewhat detailed in the following issue: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-17943 - go and vote!