Change the analysis to a line graph ?

Change the analysis to a line graph ?

by Luuk CARNEL -
Number of replies: 5

Hello

How could I change the graphic analysis to the line graphs that were used in previous versions of feedback ?

With the cube graphs that we see now, it is very difficult to compare the results of different questions on the screen...

Best regards !

Luuk

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luuk CARNEL

Svar: Change the analysis to a line graph ?

by Simon Heissler -

Hi Luuk, what version do you use? We have 2.5.1 and still have line graphs - see screenshot. Maybe yout "theme" is the troublemaker - we hade a similar issue - when changing the theme everything worked fine. Simon

Attachment feedback.png
In reply to Simon Heissler

Re: Svar: Change the analysis to a line graph ?

by Luuk CARNEL -

Thank you Simon, you were right - the theme was the troublemaker....

Do you have any idea what code in which file we should change to have the line graph back in the themes where the analysis appears as cubes ?

Luuk

In reply to Luuk CARNEL

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Luuk "Thank you Simon, you were right - the theme was the troublemaker...."

Simon "we hade a similar issue - when changing the theme everything worked fine."

@Luuk and Simon, it would really help us help you if you said which theme you were using that caused the problem.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Luuk CARNEL -

Yes Joseph, that's a good question, definitely !

I am running Moodle 2.5.1. and I did some testing :

• The following themes showed the feedback analysis perfectly in a linear graph : 

Aadar - Afterburner  - Standard - Fusion - Archaius - Binarius - Magazine - Sky High - Nonzero - Formfactor

• I had the "Cube Problem" with :

Aardvark - Essential - Halboo - Clean

I hope this information can help you find out what causes the different graph result...

Thanks in advance

Luuk

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Luuk CARNEL

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks, Luuk.

Just what I thought, the line chart display in Feedbak seems to be based on the same code as the line chart display in the Questionnaire plugin, and so it suffers from the same bug in Aardvark and the new "bootstrap-based" themes such as Clean and Essential (and, I expect, Halboo).

See this discussion in the Questionnaire forum, where I suggest a workaround, which either you could use or hopefully Andreas can adapt to Feedback.

Joseph