Where are we at with the forum Module?

Where are we at with the forum Module?

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 3

ForumNG is probably no longer on the agenda for core it seems.  Advanced forums has been suggested as an option.  Subscribe by thread has been bumped to "critical" on the tracker.

Just curious: is anything moving in this area?

-Derek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Where are we at with the forum Module?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Dereksmile I knew you wouldn't be gone for long!  

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Derek Chirnside -

Mary, yes, this question on forums is generally part of one of my day jobs, and with the prospect of 2.6 being a long term release, I'm hopeful.  

The other stuff at Learning with Moodle is really a bit optional, addictive and fun.  I can really only take a few hundred "I'm here and Hi" posts, but the others are quite fascinating.  I think you are doing a great job herding the cats there, esp now we have broken the 8000 barrier.

I fly out in 22 hours. smile

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Jason Hardin -

Derek,

Yes things are moving. Moodle Core is still reviewing Advanced forums features for inclusion. The likely outcome will be some features from Advanced forums will be cherry picked for the Moodle 2.6 release. And then more features will be added in 2.7 or 2.8 depending on Moodle Core's resources and timeline.

Moodlerooms is working with several accessibility groups to create an accessible forum display in Advanced forums and to add a couple of other missing features like printing forums and inline editing.

We will then work with Moodle HQ to determine when and if these features can get back into Moodle core forums. So there is definite movement in the forums activity and it will likely continue for the next few releases of Moodle. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)