Restricted Access to Activity overrides Group Access

Restricted Access to Activity overrides Group Access

by Chris Bates -
Number of replies: 4

Hi I have setup 2 groups in a course.  Each group can only see the resources and activities intended for the group they are in.  I have set all resources and activities in the course:

Group Mode - Separate Groups
Grouping - one of the two groups
Available for group members only - selected

This was working fine until I set up restricted access conditions for the activities, setting:

Before activity can be access   ->   Show activity greyed-out, with restriction information

Now all the restricted access activities, whether they are intended for Group 1, or Group 2 students are visible to all students, greyed-out, but visible.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am using Moodle 2.1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Bates

Re: Restricted Access to Activity overrides Group Access

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That's interesting...thoughtful What if you changed the "before activity can be accessed " to "completely hidden"- would that help?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Chris Bates -

Thanks for the reply.

Changing the Before Activity to "Hide activity entirely" solves the problem as far as group members seeing only what they should however ...

I wanted to use the option "Show activity greyed-out, with restriction information" so the students can see what needs to be done to access hidden activities.

I don't think it has a bearing on this problem but I have also enabled "Enable group members only" in the experimental settings so I can restrict access to Labels and Pages (resources) as well as activities.

It is almost as if the "Show activity greyed-out, with restriction information" setting ignors group settings.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Stephen Catton -

Hi Mary

I am also having this problem. After setting assignment Activities up for separate groups I configured them to become access restricted. When a students of any group can now see both activities for both groupings after meeting the access requirements.

Is there a work around or am i missing something

Cheers

Stephen

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Stephen Catton -

Hi Mary

I am also having this problem. After setting assignment Activities up for separate groups I configured them to become access restricted. When a students of any group can now see both activities for both groupings after meeting the access requirements.

Is there a work around or am i missing something

Cheers

Stephen