accessing question bank

accessing question bank

by Ali Rajabpour Sanati -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

we need to disable accessing teachers' question banks and quiz reports by site administrators, in fact we don't want anyone even administrators access and view others' quizzes and questions... How can I do that?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english

P.S: moodle 2.4.2+ (build: 20130315)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Rajabpour Sanati

Re: accessing question bank

please.....

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can't. Administrators can always access anything in Moodle. If you don't trust your administrators, then you have worse problems then them just looking at quizzes. They could delete all your students.

One option is, don't use administrator permissions (except for one user). Make people Managers instead. Manager is a normal role, and you can override permissions for particular courses and quizzes. (But you will need to learn how to edit roles, or override permissions.)

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much. I think your solution can fix my problem; if I use manager role instead of administrator, what changes should i have to make to this role to prohibit its users access to others' quizzes and questions?

thank you in advance

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you tried going to the edit role page? The capabilities are grouped logically, and have names that tell you what they do.

http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Question_permissions

Average of ratings: Useful (1)