Administrator can't switch role to Course Creator

Administrator can't switch role to Course Creator

by Yousuf Tafhim -
Number of replies: 4

I created a hidden course and then assigned a course creator for it. I'm the administrator and to check whether the role works, I wanted to switch role but in the drop down I don't see the option of the course creator

In Manage roles the admin is allowed moodle/role:assign to courses and,
in "Allow role assignments" tab admin row and course creator column intersection is checked.
Im using Moodle 1.9.10

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yousuf Tafhim

Re: Administrator can't switch role to Course Creator

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well first of all, why do you want to assign a Course creator to a course which has already been created? If you want them to edit the course then assign them the role of teacher. A course creator has to be made a teacher in a course if they are to edit it anyway. If you have assigned someone the role of course creator , however, then the best way to see if it works would be to log in as that person.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Yousuf Tafhim -

Because the way we are working is that the teacher provides the content to the course creator who creates & edits content to the course. There is another role of TA that checks and grades the student.
The teacher only takes live classes.
A course was created and then Course Creator assigned left. So we are assigning a new Course Creator and thus this issue came up.
I will check log in to that person.

In reply to Yousuf Tafhim

by Robert Brenstein -
creator only creates the course areas, as mary wrote.
teacher is the true course editor. if you want creator to also edit the course content, that person has to be assigned both roles, one in the system or category and the other in the course. If you don't want students to see that person as a teacher, make the role assignment invisible.
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Yousuf Tafhim -
Thank you both, I have assigned the person as course creator and teacher