Problems submitting video with the Insert Moodle Media button from the toolbar.

Problems submitting video with the Insert Moodle Media button from the toolbar.

by Ruben Rivero -
Number of replies: 7

I created a workshop using Moodle 2.2. I want my students to submit videos using the "Insert Moodle Media" buttom from the tool bar. I can upload the file in the Insert Moodle Media window, but once I click insert, instead of the video, I get an error message similar to this.

PLUGINFILE/l1ch5bgram3.mov">l1ch5bgram3.mov PLUGINFILE/l1ch5bgram3.mov" /> PLUGINFILE/l1ch5bgram3.mov" type="video/quicktime" width="400" height="315"> PLUGINFILE/l1ch5bgram3.mov" />

The first "PLUGINFILE" is a link that opens a new window with the text

"TeX source:P L U G I N F I L E"

I tried to upload files using different file formats and different codecs, but I always get the same result. 

Any ideas??

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruben Rivero

Re: Problems submitting video with the Insert Moodle Media button from the toolbar.

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I have a suspicion that you have the Algebra notation filter active. If so, try to disable it.
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Problems submitting video with the Insert Moodle Media button from the toolbar.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi David,

Not trying to hijack Ruben's thread, but thought info about Moodle 2.4 would be nice to add. I just recently started using the Workshop module again and just realized from Ruben's question that being able to add audio and video into a workshop would be perfect for what I am trying to teacher right now. So...I was trying it when your suggestion about the Algebra filter hit my inbox.

I don't think turning off the filters will fix it...at least it doesn't for me in the Workshop activity for Moodle 2.4.3+ (Build: 20130405).

I have tried flv, mp3, and mp4 files and they will all play in the Insert Moodle Media window prior to the actual insert. With my filter on (PoodLL), the player shows, but when clicked, nothing happens. When I turn off all the filters, it shows whichever filename I have inserted, but as soon as you click the filename, the message "Sorry, the requested file could not be found More information about this error" along with a continue button, shows up.

I have even double-checked all the moodledata folder permission to make sure they were all still set to correctly...they were.

I don't have time tonight, but I will compare results in my other Moodle installs tomorrow evening. (2.2, 2.3, and 2.5)

Hoping for a quick and easy fix,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Al, I was wondering if you were able to solve the problem?

I think something changed in Moodle recently because the flowplayer.js method of embedding the Flowplayer in PoodLL has started to fail. If you set the embedding method in the PoodLL filter settings to swfobject (thats the default) it works again. Perhaps that was the problem.

I may just remove the whole embed selection thing altogether, swfobject is so much more reliable.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately, I had it set for swfobjects...I also tied the others, and I still get the same result.

I probably will not get a chance to play with it again until this weekend...midterms this week, plus trying to do some of the testing for Moodle 2.5 QA.

I'll let you know if I get it working.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I will be testing too, both this problem and Moodle 2.5. I will let you know what I find.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Ruben Rivero -

I tuned off the Algebra filter and I uploaded a .mp4 video as an example submission and it worked!. However, when I switched roles and I submitted a video as a student, I ran into the same problem. Has anybody figured out a solution?

Thanks

In reply to Ruben Rivero

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Confirmed, there is a bug in Workshop submissions rendering that causes this. See and vote for MDL-39491. Thanks for raising this!