Editing grade does not change access to subsequent activities

Editing grade does not change access to subsequent activities

by David Pugh -
Number of replies: 3

I require that students pass a quiz at 80% before making the next activity available. Sometimes a student will get 70% and I will go over the quiz with them, then I'll change their grade to 80% and tell them to move on rather than take the time for me to reset the quiz and have them retake it.

I've tried changing the final grade and also changing the individual marks for the questions and while the change appears in the gradebook, the student still doesn't get access to the next activity.

Any ideas on a way to change the grade in a way that would also open up the activity?

In reply to David Pugh

Re: Editing grade does not change access to subsequent activities

by Bob Puffer -

Are you using 100 point activities?  Moodle has a bug in its conditional activity that assumes you're using 100 point activities and bases percentages off from that.  If less than 100 points you need to scale your percentages for the conditions down.

In reply to David Pugh

by David Pugh -

Another teacher at my school figured this one out!

The student has to log out and log in before a grade change will affect the restrictions. I had my students refresh the page, but that isn't enough.

Got it now.

In reply to David Pugh

by Bob Puffer -

I do not see this requirement on our system.  We run a very complex pre-registration placement test site whereby students are constantly changing their grades by making different selections and thereby making some things available and some things not available and it is immediate without need of logging off and back on.