Gradebook

Picture of Marcus Green
Unmarked items in the grader report
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
The commercial VLE I use has a feature whereby if a student uploads work to an assignment the gradebook shows up an indicator (a green exclamation mark). This helps in that I can see there is work that needs grading and to see where students have gaps in submissions. How hard would it be to add that to the Moodle grader report?
Tabitha - Cave, Stewart Island, NZ
Re: Unmarked items in the grader report
Group Moodle Course Creator Certificate holders

That sort of sounds like completion tracking, which is an existing feature. Have you looked at that yet? What version of Moodle are you using?

Read the Course completion and Activity completion features docs if you want to see if this might help.

Picture of Marcus Green
Re: Unmarked items in the grader report
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm using Moodle 2.3. Course and activity completion are fine features but I was hoping for existing information to be displayed rather than having an additional set of features to configure. 

For example if I set an assignment and they have uploaded it I would like it to be easy to see they have done what was asked but I have not marked it. In the light of your feedback  I took a look at activity completion (quite willing to get into the habit of clicking a few things if the feature was there), but I could only see options for requireing viewing and requiring grading. In this context I needed requiring attempt (as in an upload for an assignment).

Looking at the code I suspect the magic could be performed somewhere in the code for grade_tree. If anyone is familiar with grade_tree, would you have any hints if this is the code to chase down?