Problem with Artisteer Theme

Problem with Artisteer Theme

by Ric Morte -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle 2.4.1

I have an Artisteer project to create templates and themes for websites using Joomla, WordPress, Moodle, etc.

The exported theme works fine in a new Moodle installation. The result is here:

http://science-learning.org/

However there is one poersistent problem I cannot resolve and that is the block called "Language Menu". have changed the default language settings and unchecked "Display language menu". Whatever the setting, the block remains.

I have also had a look at the blocks and none of them are named "Language Menu" or anythging like that. Pretty much out of desperation I have turned off blocks each in turn to see if one of them is mis-named and responsible for the display. It seems none of the blocks listed have any effect.

Here is the html from that block:

<div class="art-block clearfix contextual-links-region block " id="yui_3_7_3_2_1358979672264_211"><div class="art-blockheader title" id="yui_3_7_3_2_1358979672264_210"><div class="title" id="yui_3_7_3_2_1358979672264_209"><div class="block_action" style="float:right;z-index:1000;"></div><h2 class="t" id="yui_3_7_3_2_1358979672264_208">Language Menu</h2></div></div>    <div class="art-blockcontent content">    </div>    </div>

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ric

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ric Morte

Re: Problem with Artisteer Theme

by Ric Morte -

Follow-up:

The Moodle theme has a settings file in: 

<theme_name>/layout/general.php 

The only way of suppressing the language Menu is a desparate hack between lines 13 and 22. The block is suppressed by commenting-out the references to the variable $hasregionpre and $hasregionpost:

if (!empty($PAGE->layout_options['langmenu'])) {
    $bc = new block_contents;
    $bc->title = 'Language Menu';
    $bc->content = $OUTPUT->lang_menu();
 //   if($hasregionpost) {
 //       $PAGE->blocks->add_fake_block($bc, 'side-post');
 //   } elseif($hasregionpre) {
 //       $PAGE->blocks->add_fake_block($bc, 'side-pre');
 //   }
}

Are these variables referenced in the core Moodle installation? Does this help find a proper solution?

Thanks,

Ric