Drag and Drop questions in landscape mode.

Drag and Drop questions in landscape mode.

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 2

I'm finding many images in my questions are portrait (like a person with questions about muscle groups)

Is there a way to have DnD questions with the options down the side?

-Derek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Drag and Drop questions in landscape mode.

by Jamie Pratt -

If you are referring to the dd to image question type, it might be possible to adjust the placement of the drag object home area just with css, which could be applied to only some questions using CSS selectors and the ids and classes that Moodle outputs in it's html wrappers for questions.

That could work on it's own. As far as I remember, the drag homes are layed out in a div below the image by the browser and the JS detects where they are, but I suspect it would require some more js coding as this was not a requirement I anticipated when writing the code and the JS might assume that the drag image homes are in a horizontal line below the image they are to be dragged to.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jamie Pratt

Re: Drag and Drop questions in landscape mode.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think this could be a useful option to add to this question type (and to Markers) but I don't know when this might happen.

I guess this would involve a new option

Layout: Drag items under image / Drag items beside image

on the question editing form, and then the CSS / JS changes you talk about.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)