Survey or unmarked quiz

Survey or unmarked quiz

by Monica Cain -
Number of replies: 3

I am a user of Moodle on a couple of platforms and I am lookig for a little help.  I am running version2.3.2 

I would like to create a survey of sorts to gather some information about my class each semester.  Is there a way to create my own survey and not just use the "canned" survey.

Can I cope a survey from one class to another to use it independantly there?

If not a survey is there a way to use a quiz that is not marked?  Can I copy the quiz to other classrooms as it is or do I need to copy the questions and build the quiz in each of them?

Any help you can give me would be great.  I have no programming background but I am a fairly knowlegable user.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monica Cain

Re: Survey or unmarked quiz

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Monica,

What you want to use is not the Quiz, but a "survey" type of activity. On a Moodle 2 site you'll have to ask your admin to "un-hide" the Feedback plugin at site level: Home ► Site administration ► Plugins ► Activity modules ► Manage activities.

Or you can ask them to install the 3rd-party Questionnaire plugin. Either will enable you to do what you want.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Derek Chirnside -

Monika, this is a cludge (which I dislike) but another option is here:

http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Quiz_FAQ#Can_I_have_a_quiz_that_is_not_graded.3F

Let us know how you get on.

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Derek,

Sorry, but for setting up a survey, Quiz is definitely not the right tool.

Joseph