Length of the Questions in Matching Q 2.3

Length of the Questions in Matching Q 2.3

by Celine Armenta -
Number of replies: 6

I love the Lesson Module because of its flexibility, for instance, I use matching questions as a richer version of False-True questions, by writing the statements in the Question space, and "False" "true" as the only choices. 

In the 1.9 version it worked perfectly; this is a mocking example: 

version 1.9

In Moodle 2.3, however, the "space" for the questions seems to be smaller (below is a real example of one of my courses) making it somehow "confuse". Is this something I could change as a teacher (giving more space for the questions)? Could the local Administrator do it?

matching 23

Thank you all!!!

(Edited by Joseph Rézeau - original submission Tuesday, 9 October 2012, 7:31 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Celine Armenta

Re: Lenght of the Questions in Matching Q 2.3

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@ Celine, I agree that this is display is a real problem. I suggest an all CSS solution, which involves adding just one line to one of your current theme's CSS stylesheets. For example, moodle/theme/standard/style/modules.css. Make to copy exactly the line below, respecting spaces, dots, etc. and paste into the css file.

#page-mod-lesson-view .answeroption .fitemtitle {width:50%; text-align:left;}

See attached result.

Joseph

Attachment 09-10-2012 23-37-41.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Celine Armenta -

Joseph, Thank You! Tomorrow morning we'll try. And I will keep you informed of the results. cool

Best wishes!

by Celine Armenta -

Hi Joseph! We haven´t been able to modify this display. It happens that we are not using any CSS stylesheet, but the Nimble theme; and we haven´t been able to figure out where (and if) the line you sent us should be pasted into.

Best regards!

Celine

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Celine "It happens that we are not using any CSS stylesheet, but the Nimble theme..."

Well, any Moodle theme uses (lots of) CSS stylesheets, so you are using them.wink

And you can paste my CSS rule into any of those. For example, you can add it at the end of your moodle/theme/nimble/style/core.css file:

/* Footer */
#page-footer {
    margin-bottom: 25px;
}
#page-mod-lesson-view .answeroption .fitemtitle {width:50%; text-align:left;}

And do remember to empty all your caches so that the change takes effect. I am attaching a screenshot showing the result in Nimble.

Joseph

Attachment 11-10-2012 09-33-06.jpg

by Celine Armenta -

Thanks, Joseph. I bet you know how reassuring it is having your support and Patience tongueout

We'lll try your suggestion and as soon as my course gets fixed, I let you know.

by Celine Armenta -

Dear Joseph, your suggestion worked perfectly!!!!

thanks A LOT

perfecto