General plugins

MooTyper the typing instructor

Picture of Jaka L.
MooTyper the typing instructor

This topic is dedicated to the MooTyper plugin. MooTyper is an activity module that helps you learn how to type real fast and whitout looking at the keyboard. For more info visit the plugins page, visit us on GitHub, or simply ask here.

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: MooTyper the typing instructor
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hello there and thanks for making this module and putting up a forum for it. I would like to try it but when I tried to install it on a 2.3.1 I got the error message as below and I don't know what else to do. I have to tell you however that this is the first contributed module I have tried to install using Git (I followed these instructions but for 2.3 ) so it might well be my faultblush

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hello again! Well I looked at your wiki and realised the folder should be named mootyper so I manually went into my mod folder and renamed it - and then everything worked fine. Perhaps I gave the wrong path when I was adding it via Git but never mind - I have it now and will experiment, thanks.

Picture of Jaka L.

I recommend you to use the version that is uploaded here on moodle.org. If you download from github you'll have Slovenian lessons. Github is my main development/testing/documenting area but here I upload any stable version whit only English lessons and exercises.

Mary Cooch

Thankssmile However - at the moment the language isn't the problem - I can't work out how to get it to work at all - nothing I do looks like your pictures  here http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_mootyper - I will have to experiment more tomorrow 

Picture of Rob Johnson
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Mary,

After you save the settings, you should see a "Setup" link.  That will give you a drop down where you can choose lessons.  Did you go through those steps?

Picture of AL Rachels
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Jaka,

Thanks for the module. I have tried a couple of ideas on how to do it but have not been able to add anymore lessons of my own. Is that something that can be done?

AL

Picture of Jaka L.

Yes... that's something that can be done. smile  Exercises can be added one by one.

When you're adding a new MooTyper activity you'll see a link that says: "To manage exercises click here". This takes you to the exercises management area. Here you can click on "Add new exercise"...and than enter a new exercise...

Mary Cooch

Hi Rob/Jaka -yes as far as I can tell I followed the correct procedure for setting it all up but I can't get it to work. I will give it another go today  -maybe I will delete the github version and use the version in the plugins and try again.

Picture of Jaka L.

Maybe you choosed some exercise that contains some letters that are not supported. You probably selected english keyboard layout - so in that case it won't work if the exercise contains some Slovenian letters ... like č, š, ž, etc...

In short: if the exercise contains characters that are not supported in the selected layout it won't work.

That's also why I recomment using the version in the plugins. It's more stable because it doesn't contain Slo exercises.

For now here's some info about using the plugin: https://github.com/jl2035/moodle_mod_mootyper/wiki/Use

Mary Cooch

Hi again - I worked it out thanks-in fact both versions, Git and plugins work fine  now I understand it a bit better. I made a screencast - hope that's ok.

Picture of Jaka L.

This was so nice of you... smile

I don't know how to thank you...

With your approval I would like to add the video link to my README file and also on plugins wiki..

Mary Cooch

By all means yes add the video - it's a hobby of mine - some people drink; some people watch football, I make screencastssmile

Frankie's the name, Moodle's my game!

Nice screencast, Mary! 

I think that "small box" can be expanded by clicking and dragging its lower-right corner. Couldn't resist.

Frankie Kam

Mary Cooch

oh yessmile I never think to to that - happened to me before!

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Jaka,

I have installed Mootyper 1.5, and the error I was getting by clicking "Mootypers" in the activity block has been fixed. smile  However, the URL's listed after clicking the "Mootypers" link throw a 404 error.

The link generated in the list of Mootypers is something like:

http://mymoodlesite/mod/mootyper.php?id=1876

The actual address to the activity is:

http://mymoodlesite/mod/mootyper/view.php?id=1876

We have the activities block shown across the site.  Our students use it often to find things in large courses.

Picture of Jaka L.

I fixed it in 1.6 version. I hope it'll work... I don't have this "Mootypers" link on my Moodle 2.2 smile

Picture of Rob Johnson

You should see this link if you add the activities block to a course.  I will test 1.6. Thanks.

Edit - Version 1.6 fixed the 404 error.  Also, in the plugin page comments, you had said the module would not upgrade automatically.  You must have fixed that too.  I was able to install 1.6 without deleting the previous version. smile

Picture of Jaka L.

Thanks Rob.

I also tried to upgrade from previous version and bam! It looks like the code in db/upgrade.php is universal. I didn't touch it smile

But I still can't guarantee that this works ok. If the chanes in the plugin are minimum it may go well, but if any database structure will be changed I really don't know what will happen... smile

I will specifically let you know if there will be any such version.

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Jaka,

I have had some teachers using Mootyper with students over the last month.  The feedback I have received is very positive. smile

One of my teachers asked if the lessons they create can be seen by other teachers.  I created a new lesson, and then used a test account with the teacher role, and that lesson was available to the test account.  It also looks as though one teacher can edit or delete a lesson created by another teacher.  Is there a way to change this? 

It would be nice if lessons created by teachers were tied to a specific course.  It would also be nice if the site admin could add lesssons that were available site wide.

Thank you again for the contribution you have made to extending the functionality of Moodle.

Rob

Picture of Jaka L.

Thanks. It is very nice to get positive feedbacks. smile

For now the lessons are all the same (global), but thinking of them being connected to users and courses makes sense. I will consider it in the future versions..

I just came from  vacation... so MooTyper will be back shortly.

Picture of Rob Johnson

Global lessons are fine if I can keep teachers from editing or deleting them.  I looked in permissions to restrict the teacher role, but could not find anything.  Is it possible with the current release?

Picture of Jaka L.

Nope...for now every teacher can edit any lesson. It has to be programmed... I'll have to add some database fields in the lessons table. And than fix the queries in php.

So this will require a day or two of coding... also I need to resolve this problem I have with the latest Moodle... I opened a thread about it on developer forums:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=212623

So the best option is probably to wait for another version...in a few days. 

BTW this version will also require to remove the existing one. It might screw up the plugin tables since the database structure will be modified.

Picture of Jaka L.

I'm thinking which way would be better to implement this. Let's say:

...the lesson will contain author ID and course ID. Course ID will be optional. In case of global lesson the course field is not needed...

Lesson will be visible to "The author only" OR "Inside a course" OR "Globally". The user chooses this when inserting new lesson.

And also ... lesson can be edited by "The author only" OR "Teachers from the same course" OR "By any teacher".

So this way lessons could be nicely organized.

There's also a way to implement this logic on the exercises instead of lessons. This way one could have exercises with a different access levels in the same lesson. But that could also cause some confusion. So I'll probably go with option A.

Picture of Rob Johnson

That sounds very reasonable.  Would the admin role be able to edit any lesson/exercise?

Picture of Jaka L.

Hm.. I don't know.. What's your suggestion?

Picture of Rob Johnson

I am often called to help or fix things.  If the admin role can't edit anything, I would need to use "Log in as" with the lesson creator's account to be able to help.

Picture of Jaka L.

Ok now... please download the 1.7 version... it's under the "Download versions" tab (I misconfigured something with the version numbers)...it is not updated on github yet... so let's note this version as 'testing'...

Picture of Jaka L.

I already see something i forgot: Lessons that are not "visible" to user must also not be visible when seting up the activity. So expect the 1.8 version soon...

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Jaka,

I installed version 1.8.  I had version 1.6 previously.  When I dropped the new code into the mod folder, no upgrade was triggered be visiting notifications.  I did see a new settings page, but not plugins check, etc.  I had to hack the version.php file to get the module to upgrade.

In version 1.6, the version # was 2012250800.  In 1.8, it is 2012090400.  I had to make the 1.8 version number greater than that from 1.6.  Then the upgrade went through.

The new features seem to work just fine on my initial tests.  I will have my teachers report any issues as they use the module next week.  Thank you for adding them. smile

Rob

Picture of Jaka L.

This version numbers are a little screwed up...in fact, they were all the time but I didn't realize this until now. In my language the dates are allways specified as dd:mm. And that I was doing wrong from the begining.

If you have this issues in the future, try changing the existing version numbers, because from 1.8 on version numbers are fixed.

Picture of Jaka L.

Since the 1.7. and 1.8 versions were both very buggy, I created 1.9 which has all of these issues fixed (I hope)... 1.8 is no good any more. So again let's do some testing.

I also had some suggestions from Slovenian teachers and partially they are added. I removed the red color (in the text that needs to be typed), because some older people couldn't see it right. There's also a request to connect mootyper achivements with moodle's grades but that will come in the near future as I don't really know how to do that. It will require me to study some more. There will also have to be an option for a student to view his achivements.

So thats it for now... try out the 1.9 version.

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Jaka,

I just upgraded to version 2.1.  Would you mind sharing what was changed since 1.8 please?  I will let my teachers know to provide feedback.

Rob

Picture of Jaka L.

Hm.. mostly just bug fixes and some small design changes...and a nice keyboard... smile

Picture of S Moodle

Hi,

Just saw this.  Is it compatible with 2.3.x?

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=1481

Picture of S Moodle

To answer my own question, it seems to run fine in 2.3.x. 

It doesn't record anything to the grade book, which is probably fine.  I'll create a non upload assignment and record the grade I want that way.

Suggestions:

1. Display the words per minute to the student after they finish.  It's words per minute minus any mistakes.  WPM metric.  That's a pretty standard way to measure typing speed.
  2. Let students see their results after they finish and submitted.  Students would like to see how much they have improved. Right now, there's no way a student can see what they did yesterday or the day before.
  3. See this site on how they calculate WPM (http://www.speedtypingonline.com/typing-test)

What are the !!!!! exclamation marks next to a students name?

Typing Report

Picture of S Moodle

Another suggestion:

1. On the report, allow it to sort by student last name so it's easier to record grades.

Picture of Jaka L.

Exclamation marks are present if the person typed more than 60 chars in 5 seconds (which is kind of imposible)... or if the exercise took more than 10 minutes or something... so this is to warn teacher about a potencial cheeters... smile

Thanks for the suggestions...

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of S Moodle

Another suggestion:

1. After a student completes a lesson, there's not much of a sentence at the end that tells them they completed it.  It should say ALL 7 LESSONS COMPLETE!  THANK YOU! or something configurable ending message.

Womble

Hi

I have installed this today.  It looks great.  When I setup a lesson i dn't notice the show keyboard option.  Now I can't seem to go back and change it.  I don't get the Setup option, only an opton to manage exercises.

As it took me 3 attemps to get fjfj fjfj correct I don't want to delete all my hard work smile

Is it possible to modify the lesson to show the keyboard?

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Michelle,

I see the show keyboard option after I click "Setup."  I don't think it can be changed after the setup is complete.  Please create a new Mootyper, and look for the show keyboard check box on the setup page.

Rob

Picture of S Moodle
Mootyper - set Password Bug

I set a password, yet students don't see a password box when they start the MooTyper.

Now, I created the MooTyper lesson, then I change my mind and re-edited the lesson to add the password.  Maybe if I added the password to begin with, it would have worked.

Picture of Jaka L.
Re: Mootyper - set Password Bug

Sorry... passwords are still not implemented.

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Jaka,

My teachers are wondering what the exclamation marks that appear in the student grade screen mean.

Thanks,

Rob

Picture of Jaka L.

"Exclamation marks are present if the person typed more than 60 chars in 5 seconds (which is kind of imposible)... or if the exercise took more than 10 minutes or something... so this is to warn teacher about a potencial cheeters..."

When the student is typing, his progress is instantly reported to server with ajax requests. I had to implement this logic, otherwise he could just refresh the page and start from the beginning if he made some mistakes.

As I'm writing this we haven't been working on mootyper for quite some time. So I'll have to announce some new versions. There are some suggestions from around here, than the suggestions from Jeremy W and also plugin backup has to be implemented (the procedure when the teacher wants to backup/restore course, with all the activities and other stuff). I don't know how and when I will find time for all this but I'm looking forward to at least have something new in the next two months.

Picture of Rob Johnson

Thank you for the reply Jaka.  I now see that you had already answers the same questions earlier in this thread.  I am sorry for not reading more carefully.

Other features my teachers would like to see are:

• A pause button for students in case they are interrupted while completing an exercise.
  • A review page that shows students how they scored on each attempted lesson.
  • Teachers would like to be able to change settings like "Show keyboard."  After the setup is saved, this cannot be changed.

Thank you again for contributing this plugin to the Moodle community. smile

Picture of Jaka L.

For now I uploaded a new version with few new features. I picked the simple ones. Teacher can now sort grades entries and also "setup" can be changed afterwards.

I havent been up to date with moodle lately so we now have MooTyper 2.2 for Moodle 2.2. I don't know what was happening with Moodle 2.3 and 2.4 so I decided to go with Moodle 2.2. This can also be tested on 2.3 or 2.4, but I can't guaranntee anything.

What else needs to be done:

• Backup (priority: 3)
  • "Let the students see the results" (priority: 3)
  • Passwords (priority: 2)
  • Connect Mootyper grades with Moodle grades (priority: 2)
  • Show speed in WPM (priority: 1)
  • Add some ending message (priority: 1)
  • Pause button (priority: 1)

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Jaka,

I have tested MooTyper 2.2 this week on Moodle 2.3.  Today, I installed it on my production site.  I have not had any problems, and the new features work just fine.  Thank you for the update. smile

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Jaka L.

Thanks... now we'll have 2.3 for Moodle 2.3... funny that... smile

Picture of Chuck Baughn

MooTyper is perfect for my enirvonment. We're really enjoying it, keep up the great work. 

My team is excited for the implementation of WPM. We would also like to be able to remove users attempts.

Thanks, Chuck

Picture of Jaka L.

Wellcome Chuck!

So is there any special trick to calculate WPM... any formula I could use?

Picture of Rob Johnson

My teachers suggest taking hits per minute and dividing by 5.

Picture of Jaka L.

Ok ... I added wpm to grades and the button to remove attempt.. this two were not a big issue... smile

here's MooTyper 2.3 for Moodle 2.3

Picture of Rob Johnson

Thank you for the update Jaka.  I have installed on my test server and noticed a couple of things.  On the copy of my production site, the wpm field does not get created if upgrading from mooTyper 2.2 or previous.  It does get created on a fresh installation.  I manually created the field, and it was fine after that.

Would it be possible to display WPM to students?  Please see the image below.

wpm

I also noticed that mooTyper 2.3 has the lesson names in Slovenian.  The exercises are in English.  It is just the name that is not.  Please see the image below.

lesson names

Thank you again for this module and your ongoing support. smile

Rob

Picture of Chuck Baughn

I would also like to note that the formula for calculating WPM might be off.

moo

Remove user attempts works just fine!

Picture of Jaka L.

An update..

Picture of Rob Johnson

Thank you for the quick update.  I still needed to create the wpm column in the grades table. For others upgrading, the column is named wpm.  It is set to decimal (10, 0) Null, Null.

The WPM calculation seems to be working.  I like that the value now displays for the student.  The pop-up after completing an exercise is nice too.  I suggest adding "WPM" to the pop-up so students know what the number represents.  See below.

wpm

As you can see, I am a slow typist. ;)

Picture of Jaka L.

Oh.. how could I have missed that.. mixed
Popup was just there for the testing...you were not supposed to see it smile
Looks like I forgot to comment it out.
Maybe we should make it this way...display all results in this popup and submit the form after user clicks "OK"... it actually makes sense smile

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Jaka,

I hade a meeting with my teachers today, and they said the WPM pop-up at the end is confusing their students.  What code needs to be commented out so it no longer shows?

Picture of Jaka L.

oh.. it's in "typer.js" file... just delete line 45.....glad you guys are up to date...

Picture of Rob Johnson

I am still getting the pop-up after deleting line 45 in typer.js.  I have purged the server cache and my browser cache.  Is there more code that needs deleting?

Picture of Jaka L.

No it's just that 'alert'... the line looks like this: alert(wpm);   ... that's the popup.

Try this: In Firefox go into some MooTyper activity and right click -> View page source

From there you can see if the script typer.js is included properly. If you click on it's url you will arrive directly on the script's code. See line 45 if it's there or not..

If the alert is there you still have some problem with cache... if not, there shouldn't be a popup.

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Jaka,

My teachers are about to begin a new school year.  This means they will be running the reset procedure on their courses.  Since mootyper will not reset with the other activities, I planned to erase student attempts from last year by deleting them in the database.  Is it enough to empty the mootyper_attempts table, or do I need to delete data from other mootyper tables too?

Also, I recently upgraded my Moodle to 2.4.5+, and mootyper still works. smile

Picture of Jaka L.

Sorry Rob... haven't been here for some time.

I guess you want to keep the mootyper activities in that course but delete user attempts as the new students are learning this year. Am I right? Removing attempts from the database is not enough. You have to remove grades to... and also checks, if there are any.

I hope by the next year we'll have backup procedure so teacher will make a course backup in the beginning of the year in than restore it every year.

I've been reading about the Moodle Backup 2.0 in the docs... been three times through that article but it still sounds impossible to implement. sad

Picture of Brad Smith

Has anyone used MooTyper in 2.5 yet?

Picture of AL Rachels

I have been using it some. Not a whole class yet, this school year. Just select individual students and it seems to be working just fine.

AL

Picture of Anurag Seetha

How can we limit the time for an typing exercise in exam mode ? Suppose we want to create a typing test for 5 min. duration, How can we do that? Is there any way to integrate this with the Quiz module so that a typing test can be used as a part of the larger Quiz.

Picture of AL Rachels

Your last question first - There are a number of problems when trying to use the Quiz module for a typing test especially if you want it to be part of a larger Quiz. There is no way I know of that you can set a separate time limit for individual parts/questions in a quiz. You would have to set an overall time limit. You would then have some students who breeze through the regular questions and would then have lots of time for the typing quiz part. You would also have some who struggled with the regular questions taking lots of time and leaving very little for the typing part.

The only way I can even think of doing a typing test using the Quiz Module would be to use a timed quiz of only one essay question. Then it becomes a nightmare for the teacher to grade by looking for the number of mistakes and then manually calculate the accuracy and words per minute rate. Of course, if the student corrects their mistakes as they type, their accuracy so far as you will be able to tell, would be 100%, and their speed in wpm would then appear slower than it might otherwise be.

How can we limit the time for an typing exercise in exam mode ? - You can't. Anyway, why five? Why not six, or ten, or 20? What you can do is to make sure the text you put in MooTyper for an exam is complex and long enough to reveal any weakness of the typist. (If you throw in any numbers, my speed drops drastically, because i HAVE to look. angry ) When the typist finishes the exam, the teacher can click, View All Grades, and there see all the details including mistakes, time, hits/minute, all hits, precision, WPM, and the time it was taken.

The two biggest shortcomings I see in MooTyper at the moment, is that when a student finishes an exam, he can only see the results then and there at the bottom right. He cannot go back and review the results in any way, once he leaves the exam page.

Also, there is no way to put a grade, even something as simple as pass/fail, in the grade book unless you enter it manually as an offline grade.

Picture of Rupert Martin

This looks like a great tool.  Can you indicate if it works on Moodle 2.6.2 if not, any plans to release a version that can?  I have to use a external website and link it the URL resource.  Unable to track student performance as a result. 

Picture of Jaka L.

I rarely check on mootyper project these days, so I'm sory for late response. I tested the plugin on the latest moodle version (2.7+) and it works.

I recommend using the latest mootyper version from the github repository. If you run on "invalid directory name" issue, just change the directory name from "moodle_mod_mootyper" to "mootyper".

Picture of Jaka L.

Moodle core had some changes, so I updated the plugin to fit. There's 2.5 version which requires moodle 2.7, so if you are using some old moodle you'll have to play with mootyper 2.4 version.

I changed the depricated calls, and added one feature. Students can now see the results. There might be some bugs, so 2.5 may not be final.

Picture of Rob Johnson

Thank you for the updates to Mootyper.  One of my Moodle sites will be using the 2.6 branch for the upcoming school year.  Is there any chance the update where students can see results will be back-ported to mootyper 2.4?

Picture of Jaka L.

That is done. Just use mootyper 2.4 (Build: 2014071200). That version also includes these updates in it should work from moodle 2.3 onwards.

Picture of Rob Johnson

Hi Jaka,

Thank you for the version 2.4 update.  When I install on a test Moodle 2.6.4, it gives me the error below when I try to go to the setup screen.  Also, the lesson names are in Slovenian.  Is it possible to get them in English too?  The older version of Mootyper 2.4 works fine on my test site for Moodle 2.6. 

More information about this error

Debug info: SELECT id,course FROM {course_modules} WHERE id = ?
[array (
0 => '2',
)]
Error code: invalidrecord
Stack trace:
line 1403 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_missing_record_exception thrown
line 1379 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_

select()
line 7073 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to moodle_database->get_record()
line 221 of /mod/mootyper/view.php: call to context_module::instance()

Picture of Baljé Weber

Any progress? I have the same error.

Picture of Jaka L.

I have created a new version 2.6. It contains some updates and this context confusions should be fixed now. It has been tested on Moodle 2.7 and Moodle 2.6.4. I selected Moodle 2.3 for the requrement, so this should also work on older Moodle versions.

I hate that my version numbers are so similar to Moodle's but what can I do?

Picture of Jaka L.

Just reproduced with Moodle 2.6.4. Sorry but I have no idea, why it does that.. and only with that specific versions of Moodle and Mootyper. I will ask this in moodle development forum.

EDIT:

Did ask here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=265050

Picture of Roger Meix
Mootyper

We want to translate "Mootyper" to Catalan and Spanish, and we need some help.

Can you help us?

Must We create only 2 files in folder "layouts"? Or something more?

We have some problems. For example: alphabet "ñ" ang "ç"

Can anybody help us?

Picture of Ilya Melnikov

BugReport.

Pressing "To manage exercises and categories click here" leads to error:

Debug info: ERROR: argument of AND must be type boolean, not type integer
LINE 4: (visible = 1 AND 0) OR
^
SELECT id, lessonname
FROM mdl_mootyper_lessons
WHERE ((visible = 2 AND authorid = 2) OR
(visible = 1 AND 0) OR
(1))
ORDER BY id
[array (
)]
Error code: dmlreadexception
Stack trace:
  • line 443 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
  • line 244 of /lib/dml/pgsql_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 764 of /lib/dml/pgsql_native_moodle_database.php: call to pgsql_native_moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 122 of /mod/mootyper/locallib.php: call to pgsql_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
  • line 75 of /mod/mootyper/exercises.php: call to get_mootyperlessons()
May be this is because of using postgres? (instead of mysql by default)

Picture of Ilya Melnikov

Fixed by:

diff -ur ./mootyper.orig/locallib.php ./mootyper/locallib.php
--- ./mootyper.orig/locallib.php        2014-10-23 23:00:58.000000000 +0600
+++ ./mootyper/locallib.php     2014-11-11 11:28:50.700307039 +0500
@@ -109,8 +109,8 @@
     $sql = "SELECT id, lessonname
               FROM ".$CFG->prefix."mootyper_lessons
               WHERE ((visible = 2 AND authorid = ".$u.") OR
-                    (visible = 1 AND ".is_user_enrolled($u, $c).") OR
-                    (".can_view_edit_all($u, $c)."))
+                    (visible = 1 AND ".is_user_enrolled($u, $c)." = 1) OR
+                    (".can_view_edit_all($u, $c)." = 1))
               ORDER BY id";
        /*
        /// This was taken out, because we have some context_module::instance confusion

Picture of Ilya Melnikov

Does this module work in offline?

Trying to run typing test from browser which have no internet access (but have access to local moodle site) leads to error - text is not shown and test does not start.

Picture of Ilya Melnikov

Once again about WPM.

How does WPM is calculated? I can't understand it from this forum. Is it just "hits divided by 5"? If so - this is not flexible. There is different word length in different languages.

And little suggestion - not everyone knows abbreviation "WPM", may be write in full form? ("words/min" or "words per minute")

Picture of Jaka L.

I updated the plugin description, saying that I'm moving away from this project.

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_mootyper

I will try to respond to github issues, but won't have time to check this forum anymore.