"Missing mandatory en language pack." error

"Missing mandatory en language pack." error

by Jaka Luthar -
Number of replies: 5

Please help! Since the new version of Moodle (2.3.2+), my plugin no longer installs correctly.

It says that the plugin is outdated. And this error message:

Debug info: Missing mandatory en language pack.
    Error code: detectedbrokenplugin

And of course ... the en lang pack is there... I didn't change anything. Are there any new policies about lang packs?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jaka Luthar

Re: "Missing mandatory en language pack." error

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The error message isn't strictly helpful. It's looking for a language file inside en/ named after the plugin. For example, if it's a block it'll be en/block_myblock.php.

My guess is that the language file is not named correctly or is otherwise not readable.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Jaka Luthar -

It's an activity module... and I have the en folder containing the english lang pack. This was working before... What changed in this latest Moodle???

In reply to Jaka Luthar

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What's your activity called, what is the folder it is in called, what is the language file (inside en/) called?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Jaka Luthar -

It's the MooTyper contributed plugin. It's placed into the /mod/mootyper directory, that contains /lang/en/mootyper.php ...

In reply to Jaka Luthar

by Jaka Luthar -

Nevermind... I solved this by changing the file permissions inside the lang folder...so the problem was not with moodle but my lampp installation. I really don't know what did lampp guys do with this latest version and it's permission confusions.