General help

 
 
Picture of Moodle For Life
** Statistics Report / Course Overview, Not Working
 

Hello,

I am currently running Moodle '2.1.2 (Build: 20111010)' and have "statistics" Enabled.  For some reason "Statistics Report", and" Course Overview" feature is Not working. When i click on either of them, it says.

Sorry, there is no available data to display

"More information about this error"

error/moodle/nostatstodisplay

Stats

This page can appear if you have not enabled statistics. To enable statistics, log into your Moodle as an administrator. Then, in the Site Administration menu, under Advanced Features ensure that they are enabled.

If you have enabled Statistics recently you should note that statistics are collected by a background task and take some time to become available. Try again later, but do note the time for statistics job to be run in the Site Administration page noted above.


Can Someone please help? We are about to go live on this testing platform next week and everything will be basicly useless without this essential information!

Thank you!

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Beth Crook
Re: ** Statistics Report / Course Overview, Not Working
 
We are experiencing the same issue in 2.3. We definitely have statistics enabled. But neither report wants to work.
 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Rochelle Price
Re: ** Statistics Report / Course Overview, Not Working
 

I'm having the same problem in 2.2.6. I used to report stats using Site Administration > Reports > Statistics. My stats stopped being collected with the 20121112 upgrade.

 
Average of ratings: -
Picture of Rochelle Price
Re: ** Statistics Report / Course Overview, Not Working
 

Problem solved! I'll explain my experience so hopefully someone can learn from it. I tried everything possibly suggested on these boards about running cron jobs and modifying my db values for statsmaxruntime, and enabling statistics, etc. Nothing worked. Until I tried going to Site Administration > Development > Debugging and turned on Debug messages for DEVELOPER, and toggled the switch to Display debug messages. Then I ran cron.php from my browser and got a fatal error.  Previously cron would run, but no errors were displayed, so I had no idea that it wasn't getting all the way through the script. The error message that was displayed showed me that there was a php error in one of my custom theme files. I never would have suspected a theme file (config.php) would keep my statistics from being gathered properly. I fixed the php file and the next time I ran cron all of my statistics were generated properly!

I realize in hindsight that the error did relate to my 20121112 upgrade, in that my theme is based off the afterburner theme and when I did my upgrade, the afterburner theme was upgraded and even though my theme files were in a different, renamed folder, I had not properly renamed the references to the original afterburner style sheets. Without renaming some of the references within my php files (and subsequently renaming css files that I was using), there was a conflict between the two themes on my system.

In short: If your stats aren't being processed properly, try turning on the DEVELOPEER Debug messages, then run cron.php and see if you get any error messages.

 
Average of ratings: -