Those With System Roles Still Need to Enrol

Those With System Roles Still Need to Enrol

από Peter Astbury -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 1

We want all of our teaching staff to have 'non-editing teacher' role on every course so we can see what our colleagues are up to and learn from each other.

I have given all staff members the system role non-editing teacher. However when they go to a course they still need to enroll on the course.  If they have the correct system role shouldn't they have access to the course? We don't want to open self-enrollment on course and it would be very cumbersome to have to go through and enroll each teacher on each course separately.  Am I doing something wrong with the system role or is this a limitation of the software?

I'm using Moodle 2.03+ (Build: 20110525) and it's running on a Centos 5 server using MySQL.

Thanks!

Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Peter Astbury

Re: Those With System Roles Still Need to Enrol

από Helen Foster -
Φωτογραφία Core developers Φωτογραφία Documentation writers Φωτογραφία Moodle HQ Φωτογραφία Particularly helpful Moodlers Φωτογραφία Plugin developers Φωτογραφία Testers Φωτογραφία Translators

Hi Peter,

Have you tried editing the non-editing teacher role and allowing the capability to view courses without participation. Please see the documentation Capabilities/moodle/course:view for more details.