Those With System Roles Still Need to Enrol

Those With System Roles Still Need to Enrol

by Peter Astbury -
Number of replies: 1

We want all of our teaching staff to have 'non-editing teacher' role on every course so we can see what our colleagues are up to and learn from each other.

I have given all staff members the system role non-editing teacher. However when they go to a course they still need to enroll on the course.  If they have the correct system role shouldn't they have access to the course? We don't want to open self-enrollment on course and it would be very cumbersome to have to go through and enroll each teacher on each course separately.  Am I doing something wrong with the system role or is this a limitation of the software?

I'm using Moodle 2.03+ (Build: 20110525) and it's running on a Centos 5 server using MySQL.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Astbury

Re: Those With System Roles Still Need to Enrol

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Peter,

Have you tried editing the non-editing teacher role and allowing the capability to view courses without participation. Please see the documentation Capabilities/moodle/course:view for more details.