Why does not my quiz result appear in gradebook?

Why does not my quiz result appear in gradebook?

by Emre Sevinç -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

We're running Moodle version 2.0.2+ (Build: 20110413) on our Ubuntu GNU/Linux server and whatever I tried I cannot see the result of a quiz in the gradebook. I'm logged in as an administratior to the system and enrolled myself as a student in a course. Then I go to the course, visit a quiz, do it, see my result and then go the Grades section but I cannot see the results there, it is totally empty as can be seen in the screenshot below (check the row starting with 'Emre Sevinc'). In fact I tried two different quizzes, I mean I completed them, saw my score at the end of the quiz completion but I cannot see them in the gradebook. We have checked the following:

Is test open? Yes.

Does the test have points assigned? Yes.

Does the system show the quiz attempt in the course logs? Yes.

So what is missing? Why can't I see anything in the gradebook?

In reply to Emre Sevinç

Re: Why does not my quiz result appear in gradebook?

by Itamar Tzadok -

Is the quiz locked in the gradebook? (shouldn't be) smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Emre Sevinç -

When I tried it by creating a new user as a student, enroling to the course using that account and doing the quiz it worked.

But no matter what I tried I could not make the gradebook list the quiz scores of an admin user (even if I went to gradebook settings and clicked on every role).

In reply to Emre Sevinç

by Itamar Tzadok -

This makes some sense I think. Do you need to record admin user grades or is it just a matter of convenience to be able to check as admin that everything all the way down to the grade report works? smile

In reply to Emre Sevinç

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi Emre

As the Admin user you have the ability to Preview the quiz.  So when you work through the questions you are not actually attempting it!

If you use the 'Switch Role to' and choose Student then the 'Preview Quiz now' button changes to 'Attempt Quiz' and your score is recorded.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa smile