Hide all gradebooks at end of term

Hide all gradebooks at end of term

by Nancy K Hoke -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings - I think I know the answer to this question, but I need to confirm and I cannot test it on our current site.  After students complete their final exams if I set the Admin site field for Show Gradebook to Students to NO - I assume the students cannot see any of the active course gradebooks, but faculty may still access Moodle to complete grades and enter final grades.   Then I can release the gradebooks when all grades are completed.  Is this correct? In toggling back and forth between YES and NO for the Show Gradebook feature there will be no loass of grade data - correct?

As always thank you so much for your help - Nancy K.

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: Hide all gradebooks at end of term

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The best way to test this sort of thing is to create a new user called something like "fake student", then enrol that account in your course as a student. Then you can log in as a student and see exactly how your course looks. You can then un-enrol fake student again.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Nancy- I believe that setting hide the gradebook from students merely stops them from accessing it from the "grades" link in their course admin settings;however, if they have assignments which have been marked in the course in the central section then they can still see their grades there.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Nancy K Hoke -

Greetings Tim - thank you for the inforamtion but I was not clear - I want to check Hide the gradebook on the Admin Site level - I do not have a separate test site for Moodle and I did not want to the Hide gradebooks for all the classes until I was sure that toogling back and forth (hide and unhide) did not affect the grades in the gradebook.  I assume that it does not - but I just wanted to confirm my assumption.  After our students take their final exam we want to hide the course gradebooks until all final grades are submitted by the faculty.  We have a set date for that and then I would unhide the gradebooks.  I do not need to hide their assignment grades I just need to hide the gradebook and the final grade.  Thank You so much for your help.

Nancy K.