Auto formatting of hrefs

Auto formatting of hrefs

by Marc Hauge -
Number of replies: 3
A small problem I'm trying to work around. We want to be able to place links in the forum to movies. We want the resulting page to be a popup at a certain size. I'm calling it like this

Link

What the forum kicks back in auto or html mode is this

Link

rendering the link unusable. Is there a way around the autoformatting?

Thanks!
Marc
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Hauge

Re: Auto formatting of hrefs

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You can't put Javascript in the forums, for security. You can open new windows using ordinary targets like this one, though:

<a target="nameofnewwindow" href="http://google.com">google.com</a>

google.com
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I should add that another option exists if you want to do a little programming ... you could write a very simple filter that looked for special sequences like POPUP:google.com and converts those into popup links on the fly.  This is essentially what the Glossary filter is doing when adding those grey links.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Marc Hauge -
I put the window resize in the target file. Won't let me disable scrollbars and such that way but ah well...

Thanks!
Marc