by cxvcx xdfds -
Number of replies: 6
why xe don't use perl?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to cxvcx xdfds

Re: Perl

by Teemu Sumi -
AAARGH!

I will leave moodle.org if anybody will ever mention that word again!

angryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangry

I have programmed with Perl. I have one advice: Use PHP when dealing with internet.

Teemu (Still angrybig grin)
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Perl is a general purpose programming language with particular abilities with text processing. PHP was designed from the ground up explicitly for creating web applications.

I have programming in Perl for a living, I have programmed in PHP for the pleasure, there is no contest.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Teemu Sumi -
Just kiddingwink

There is a very good reason why I like PHP:

I have done more web programmig with perl than with PHP. I started to learn PHP just one month before I discovered Moodle (November 2002). So I learnt PHP when I made modifications to Moodle. My boss told what modifications were needed. Now Moodle is more like a hobby.

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by cxvcx xdfds -

php and perl are defrent

because perl is esed more for processing regular expression, but PHP we don't give this possibilte.