Total Grade displaying 0 on some assessments

Total Grade displaying 0 on some assessments

by David Nash -
Number of replies: 9
Hi,

I'm using 1.9.3+ and I cannot understand this issue.

I have a workshop set up and it was working fine.

There are five "Questions" to be asked in the submissions.

The teacher grades the student out of 100, which was working.

but on some assessments the Total Grade shows 0 and the result does not display in the Gradebook.

Some do display Teacher Assessment as 100 and Total Grade as 100, It shows fine in the Grade book.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Nash

Re: Total Grade displaying 0 on some assessments

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Darren.

Can you post a screenshot of the workshop grades overview?
In reply to David Mudrák

by David Nash -
Hi,

which is the Workshop Grades overview Screen?

Regards
In reply to David Nash

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I mean the whole screen displayed when you as a teacher visit the Workshop - view.php in URL. With "Show Workshop Description" heading/link above the deadlines overview. Can you make a screenshot of whole that screen?

d.

p.s. just make a screenshot, save it into a PNG or GIF and attach it to the post. Image attachments are displayed by Forum automatically
In reply to David Mudrák

by David Nash -
Hi

Here is one:

the other thing is that I have manually graded the workshop in the Gradebook just to get the score in, but the students still see nothing in their gradebook.

workshop2.png
In reply to David Nash

by David Mudrák -
This is weird. I can't reproduce it on my computer - in my case, total grade is calculated correctly... Can you please create a backup of this workshop activity and send me it via email? (please do not publish it here in the forum as the backup may contain personal user data).

Have you tried to modify the teacher assessment and re-save it again?
In reply to David Mudrák

by David Nash -
Sorry about the delay, I was stuck on a large project and could not get back to you.

I sent you a mail with two examples of the workshops. One works fine and displays the total score, while the second one does not display the total score.

I removed the assessments as suggested and re-scored them, but the same thing happens.

I have updated to 1.9.9 this morning hoping it might fix something, but nothing has changed.

Regards
In reply to David Nash

by David Mudrák -
Got it! The reason for this is that in your non-working workshop, you have set "Release Teacher Grades" date into the future. Therefore, the grades given by the teacher are not taken into account.
Just update workshop settings and fix the date settings.

HTH
In reply to David Mudrák

by David Nash -
Excellent!

that worked a treat.

thanks a million for the time and effort, only to find it was a stupid error on my part.

thanks again, very much appreciated!
In reply to David Mudrák

by David Nash -
Hi,

Here is a screenshot of the grades in the Workshop.

workshop.jpg

Its a pain to have to upload an image to a webserver just to get a URL to add to a reply (is there another way??)