re: Workshop for Moodle 2.0

re: Workshop for Moodle 2.0

by Gavin Henrick -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers
I just posted my overview of the new Workshop activity in Moodle2.0.

http://moodle.drupalgardens.com/article/mon-06072010-2009/workshop-overview

Feedback and suggestions for improvements to the overview/cast welcome.

But I must say well done to David and others involved in the specifications and work on this module, its really something else.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gavin Henrick

Re: re: Workshop for Moodle 2.0

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Gavin,

thanks a lot for your review! I again realized how different it is to actually develop something and then see somebody else working with it. There are so many details to finish and tweak yet! Your supportive feedback is a great motivation - thanks for it.

David
In reply to Gavin Henrick

by Hanna Neuhaus -
Hello everybody,
thank you for the preview! It looks very good smile
Here at the Humboldt-University in Berlin we a working with the workshop module for the first time and facing some problems smile
  • We mainly have problems to reedit submissions from students after the deadline. It happens that students have problems to upload their files, or they uploaded it twice (although it shouldn't be possible), and so on. I am wondering if this will be possible to manage in the workshop 2.0
  • Will it be still possible to schedule the phases in advance like it is now? Or do I have to manually start the phases like in the video?
  • Will it be possible to reedit to assesments? Some of our students wanted to reedit ther assesment - but the 30 minutes were already over. And there were some assesments that we would like to ignore or delete, but we haven't found out, how to do it.
Cheers, Hanna
In reply to Hanna Neuhaus

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Hanna, thanks for the feedback.

• Submissions can be created and edited during the submission phase only. If late submissions are allowed, student will be allowed to submit the submission during assessment phase, too, but such late submission can't be re-edited. Every student can have only one submission in the workshop.
  • Manual phase switching is supported only at the moment. There are several issues that we all (as workshop users) will have to think and design carefully before implementing automatic switching. Most notably: how should submissions get allocated (something like random allocation set in advance, but how to deal with failed allocation etc? ) and how to calculate grades for assessment? I understand the grading evaluation as interactive and iterative process. The teacher should be the one who actually signs up the calculated grades. Machines should not grade our kids, IMHO.
  • There is no 30 minutes limit in Workshop 2.0. Assessments are re-editable anytime during the Assessment phase. This time frame can be restricted by certain day/times. You can safely ignore the assessment by setting the weight of it to zero.