Gold Star for David?

Gold Star for David?

by ben reynolds -
Number of replies: 22

I just thought it time to ask, "How Much Do We Appreciate David for his work on Workshop"?

You can contribute a thank you by replying "Thank You!"

At some point, I'll give David a *GOLD STAR* as appreciation for his work.

If this thread is a violation of terms, please move it where it needs to go & tell us where it went.

David, your Gold Star won't pay the rent, but it will tell say something about appreciation.

Will you accept, when the time comes?

Average of ratings: Useful (8)
In reply to ben reynolds

Re: Gold Star for David?

by Stephan Rinke -
I think you know how much I appreciate you saving the workshop module, but just in case:

Thank you so much, David!

Best,

Stephan
In reply to ben reynolds

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thank you, everybody. I really appreciate your kind feedback.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Fred Quay -
Thank you David,

Workshop activity is to me symbolic and specific gift from Moodle socio-constructivist philosophy.

Thank you to give workshop a 2.0nd life !
In reply to David Mudrák

by Stuart Mealor -
Yes, I have to agree with this.

We run courses onsite and online, and almost with exception the idea of a peer assessment module gets great interest.

This (along with a final version of Feedback/Questionnaire) are two module teachers will love - and commercial LMS's seem to all have.

Well done David!, wish I could help more, but always happy to get some of our team to test beta smile

Stu
In reply to ben reynolds

by Maryel Mendiola -
Thank You so much David
big grin
Attachment 4david.jpg
In reply to Maryel Mendiola

by Dan McGuire -
I agree with everything everybody has said above about David and the importance of the Workshop module - it's a beautiful thing.
In reply to ben reynolds

by Daniel Brouse -
Of all the MANY things I am looking forward to in Moodle 2.0, the rebuilt workshop module is the one I am most excited about. For that I award David the da Vinci Barnstar (which I lifted from Wikipedia).

The da Vinci Barnstar may be awarded to anyone who has enhanced Wikipedia through their technical work (programming and tools, bot building, admin or sysop work, link repair, Mediawiki developers, etc.). This award may also be given to Cabalists, Mediators and Arbitrators - whose work is essential to the functioning of Wikipedia.

daVinciBarnstar
In reply to Daniel Brouse

by Markus Mostert -

I cannot agree more: we were brave enough to to use the Workshop once, in 2009, taking care to avoid some of the functionality that were slightly less stable. Cannot wait for Moodle 2.0 and the new Workshop though!

Markus

In reply to ben reynolds

by Juan Marín -
Thanks David, I couldn't think about moodle withouth the workshop module.
In reply to ben reynolds

by Mark Drechsler -
+1 to all the sentiments above - the Workshop module in Moodle has always symbolically been the underperforming student who I knew could turn the world on its head if it ever got its act together. Your work as its mentor will help it achieve greatness before too long IMO smile

Mark.
In reply to ben reynolds

by A. T. Wyatt -
I appreciate your work on Workshop 2.0 also! I intend to find new ways to use it.

atw
In reply to ben reynolds

Thank You David!

by Lauren Keinath -
I've been really excited about the forthcoming changes in the Workshop. I use this activity consistently in an instructor course I teach, even though in 1.9 I have some new problem each time it seems. But - it's still the right solution for my purposes (instructors must use a rubric to review a peer's demo course, and I review them all), and I feel it important to demonstrate Moodle features in the course these folks are taking, so that they get exposed to them!

So far as I can tell, the changes are going to make this SO much nicer! I've been telling my students this -- something they can look forward to for use in their courses!

In reply to ben reynolds

by Dag Klimas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Gold for David?

yes! yes! yes!

Gold! Gold! Gold! Gold! ....

Thank you for this very good job!

Dag from Berlin
In reply to ben reynolds

by Paul Nijbakker -
Hi,

I haven't used the new Workshop yet, but I consider the activity a flagship of Moodle and I am glad that it was saved from oblivion.

Kudos!

Rgrds,
Paul.