How to Add Manual Grade Items & Categories

How to Add Manual Grade Items & Categories

by Paul Tannahill -
Number of replies: 5
There seems to have been some changes to the Gradebook since I created these two tutorial screencasts two months ago:

The "Choose an Action..." dropdown menus in the Grades area of the courses on my hosted Moodle system no longer include a way to edit categories and items. I can edit an existing item or category, but can't seem to find how to add a new grade item or category.

Surely I'm missing something simple that's actually right in front of my eyes, right?
In reply to Paul Tannahill

Re: How to Add Manual Grade Items & Categories

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
On mine, I go to "categories and items">full view and I get the options there to add a grade item or category. Is that what you meant?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Paul Tannahill -
Thanks for replying. I have looked all over the full view, and if the option to add a grade item or category is there, I'm missing it.
In reply to Paul Tannahill

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Paul,

You should find 'Add category' and 'Add grade item' buttons at the bottom of the categories and items page (both in simple and full view). If not, perhaps you could try changing your theme to the standard theme and checking again.