Quick view of student grades / results (for students) Help Please!!

Quick view of student grades / results (for students) Help Please!!

by Nick Boyd -
Number of replies: 2
<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Hi

I am running Moodle version 1.9.6

What is the simplest way for students to review their results post quiz?

Most of the answers contained in our training modules are in long answer form that requires manual grading. Once this is complete we typically send an email to the student (via Outlook) with a pdf attachment showing approximately 6 screen shots of guide material before the student can view/review their results and special comments.

Is there a simple way that either the student can click on a link (within their email) or a dashboard add-on that can take them to the results area upon initial logon preferably showing them all of their completed & "marked" modules?

I conducted several searches but cannot find help on this topic

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated

Thank you
Nick

In reply to Nick Boyd

Re: Quick view of student grades / results (for students) Help Please!!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there (It's better by the way if you don't copy and paste from Word as it throws up all that random code you got at the top of your messagesmile ) In normal circumstances, students should have the course admin block on their page (the one where you can alter the settings/add files /groups etc) and if they click on Grades there then they get an overview of all their marks - is that not adequate for you? Or else as a site-wide set up you can have MyMoodle (set up from site admin) which when they log in takes them to a page giving assignment details from the various courses they are in.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Quick view of student grades / results (for students) Help Please!!

by Thomas Brown -

I think the question may be: It possible to direct link to the student view of their own gradebook page, without sending them through the admin block? I prefer not to have the Admin block at all, because it clutters my home page layout, but I still need a way for students to see their gradebook. The answer seems to be that it is possible to direct link to the gradebook.

Go to student role; open the gradebook; copy the URL; go back to admin or teacher role, and paste the link in wherever you want it. Now you can hide the admin block. The only drawback is that you have to unhide the admin block if you want to use it yourself.