Scroll bars will not display using IE 8

Scroll bars will not display using IE 8

by Sonny Herrick -
Number of replies: 11

I am still trying to find an answer to this question. Have a new setup using 1.9.5 moodle and windows xp. When i open the gradebook both horizontal and vertical scroll bars are not there. I changed comptability view as well as ajax settings and still nothing.

Same results in Fire Fox. What am I missing or is this a major bug that is not yet reported

In reply to Sonny Herrick

Re: Scroll bars will not display using IE 8

by Troy Williams -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

Check static students column is enabled. Go to:

"Site Administration" -> "Grades" -> "Report Settings" -> "Grader report"

There is setting:

Static students column -> check it to enable.

Regards,

T

In reply to Troy Williams

by Sonny Herrick -
Yes I have that checked? In fact have tried both ways. Using standard them, fact is it is worse in firefox, no horizontal scroll bar at all?

by Nicolas Connault -
Could you please attach a screenshot?
In reply to Nicolas Connault

by Sonny Herrick -
attached a pic. strange things happening it will dot let me insert a screen shot
Attachment scroll.jpg

by Nicolas Connault -
Even though I have to squint to "read" your screenshot, I can see something rather obvious: You don't have many grade items and you don't have many students. Everything seems to fit in your page, with HEAPS of room to spare.

Why would you expect scrollbars if there is nothing to scroll to?

by Sonny Herrick -

Sorry I guess I should have posted a pic from another course but it was late. I will post another screen shot.
Believe me I checked that and courses with many more students and grade items scroll bars are still not there.  If I am over looking something simple great i like easy fixes. In IE7 the scroll bars do appear but are not fully fucntional as in they do not allow for view of the entire list of grade items maybe less than half?
I haver tried on campus and off and also tried different themes.

Attachment Right-side.jpg

by Sonny Herrick -
Here is the rest of that grade sheet
Attachment left-side.jpg

by Nicolas Connault -
OK, the static student column is not enabled, otherwise the report would not stretch further than the page. Could you check if your user's "screenreader" setting is on? It must be off for this to work.

There have been no other similar reports since 1.9.5 was released a good number of months ago, so I am betting on a misconfiguration of moodle in this case.

by Sonny Herrick -

I am going to take another good hard look at the configuration but I do know static student column is enabled because i have tried it both ways many times and the scroll bars does appear in IE7? They are still not working properly in ie7 but they are at least visible and somewhat functional.
Is it possible that it could a php version issue? I have a new install on a new windows 2003 server, not using xampp lite I am using the latest stable full version and it does not include php4 so I cannot switch to test?

Thanks so much and I appreciate your help.

by Nicolas Connault -
Sonny,

This cannot be related to the PHP version. The best thing you could do right now is copy-paste the HTML output of your grader report into http://paste.dollyfish.net.nz/ and paste the resulting link here, so that I can see what moodle is actually outputting. If this output is correct, then we will know the problem is the browser, not the moodle code.