Grade items are sorted in reverse order when bulk moved (was Wanted: User testing of Moodle 1.9.5 gradebook improvements)

Grade items are sorted in reverse order when bulk moved (was Wanted: User testing of Moodle 1.9.5 gradebook improvements)

by Clinton Webb -
Number of replies: 2

I am sorry if this has been posted already, but one thing that I have noticed is that when you multiple select activities in the gradebook categories page, and then move them, moodle reverses the order of the activites after the move.

EX: Topic A, Topic B, Topic C, becomes Topic C, Topic B, Topic A

This very frustrating, since I was hoping to move large amounts of lab activities that need to be in alphabetical order for students to understand the grade report.  This really makes the multiple select feature useless to me, because I still have to go back and select each activity individually to fix the order.  A sort button would be great, or just default to alphabetical listing when moving multiple items.

If I am missing a setting, or someone knows how to fix this, then thanks for your help.

In reply to Clinton Webb

Re: Wanted: User testing of Moodle 1.9.5 gradebook improvements

by Allen Cole -
Boy - I will agree - this a bit frustrating - as we organize or categories...

I would appreciate any help any one has found...

Allen Cole
In reply to Clinton Webb

Re: Wanted: User testing of Moodle 1.9.5 gradebook improvements

by Nicolas Connault -
I was unaware of this problem, thanks for reporting it. I have created a tracker issue (MDL-20086) for it, and it should be fixed in the next release.