Outcomes Reporting

Outcomes Reporting

by Brian Pool -
Number of replies: 3

Has anyone developed an outcomes report that allows a teacher to look at the outcomes of an individual student? The incorporation of outcome tracking in Moodle is a major addition (and the only reason we are upgrading) but I can't seem to find the functionality to track students progress.

If outcomes only let us see the class average...it missed the main point of outcome tracking. We need to be able to identify individual student needs.

I am hoping I am missing something, or that someone has a mod that alllows individual student reporting.

Brian
In reply to Brian Pool

Re: Outcomes Reporting

by Julia Fischer -

Brian- wish I hand an answer- I too would like to know if you can see the needs of an individual student.

I hope someone has a solution to share!

Julia

In reply to Brian Pool

Re: Outcomes Reporting

by Steve van Ommen -
I think this might be possibly related to the problem where students couldn't see their own outcome results in their gradebook (although I never had a problem viewing them as a teacher)
Nicholas Connault cracked that particular one about a month or two ago - it was a bug with 1.9.6 - you'll need to get your adminstrator to install the fix. Here's the thread
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=126235&parent=552945

Let me know if you have further problems - I'm a heavy outcomes user myself
If this is not the fix _ I recommend messaging Nicolas or posting it on the Moodle Tracker - it does sound like a bug - outcomes should be viewable in the gradebook
(note thought that the 'outcomes report' per se only gives class averages - not individual results)