Using Quesions DB to import questions into Lesson

Using Quesions DB to import questions into Lesson

by Urszula Richards -
Number of replies: 1
Is it possible to import questions from a particular catetory in the questions database into a particular lesson?

If so, how does this occur? I have looked at import formats and get totally lost at this point. I would assume it could allow me to navigate to question categories.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urszula Richards

Re: Using Quesions DB to import questions into Lesson

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Ursula,

That is not the way it works in 1.9 or before. Frankly, I am glad you asked the question because MoodleDocs was not clear. It is not a simple point an shoot, but it can be done. Others may correct me because I do this all the time in 1.5 but not in 1.9.

First you Export questions out of a question category, then you find the file (now that is not intuitive) in files>backup>quiz. Next you must download it, so I like to zip the files and then click on the zip file and save it to my hard driver. Finally enter Lesson, go to expanded view and see the first link between the pages called Import questions.

I use GIFT files myself.

Thanks for your question, when I went to MoodleDocs and import questions, I was not very impressed. So I am blushing because I do this on a regular basis.

But "I only want to take some of the questions in the question category, not all of them." Me too and there is no check mark to select specific questions. All or nothing. Since my lessons relate to the question category, I edit the GIFT file. Will our students realize that I did a search an replace for "Franconia, New Hampshire" for Galt, California to create a "new" question. Probably not smile