Automated progress between lessons

Automated progress between lessons

by Urszula Richards -
Number of replies: 3
Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out how to allow progress between lessons without the 'end of lesson' occuring.

I would like student to be able to reach the end of a lesson and then be told - continue to next lesson, in a button, and then it automatically takes them to the first page of the next lesson.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this?

thanks in advance
Ursh
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urszula Richards

Re: Automated progress between lessons

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Ursh,
Almost : The" Link to activity" Lesson setting.Lesson_module#Links_to_other_places in MoodleDoc is the only way to both complete a lesson and give the student a chance to select the next lesson activity.

For me it does not shout, GO HERE NEXT. With some education students might learnsmile

A end of lesson page that looked like a branch table might be nice for some of us. I think this is what you are asking for, something you can customize a bit more. But for now, it is in the Other section of the Lesson Settings.

Best Chris
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Chris Collman

by Manish Khullar -
Hi Chris,

Even I am facing a similar problem/confusion. Actually I want to split a lesson into various pages. I do not want a long scrolling page. I want my lesson to have various topic pages like "Basics of Astronomy", "Retrogression of Planets" etc. How can I make the continue button to go to the next page.
In reply to Manish Khullar

by john owens -
In the admin panel --at the very bottom -- I noticed a "miscellaneous" option. Select this option and then you will see a "XMLDB" option---select that then a big list of stuff shows up. I then chose "blocks/section_links/db" on this option first click "create" then on the same option click "load"

Maybe I did not notice the arrows before, but after I did this I now have a next and previous button (arrow) on the course content pages. (upper right). These buttons are on either side of the "jump to" drop down option.

AND THEY WORK!
I am using version 1.9.4 and set up the courses using the "topics" choice.

I am new to Moodle, so forgive me if this does not make sense.

John