point lesson to a resource html page

point lesson to a resource html page

by springgrass Pham -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

when I create a page in lesson module I have to create an html page.  Can upload a page in the Resource module and point the lesson to it?

Thanks,

Springgrass

Average of ratings: -
In reply to springgrass Pham

Re: point lesson to a resource html page

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
See HTML linking in MoodleDocs. Has examples of code which will provide a link from a lesson page to a resouce, a file or another activity.

You only have to upload a page in the course administration block >Files. But you can also do it with the resource tool. In other words, you don't have to show all the files as resources. You can store them in a folder under files (maybe allow students to browse it via the Directory resource). Each file will have a URL. HTML linking will give you some clues.

Hope this helps.

by ben reynolds -
I'm not clear on what it is you actually want to do.

If you are looking for an easier way to make the html page, you can create the page in Dreamweaver or whatever (because it is faster?) and then copy and paste it into the lesson page.

Click on the toggle HTML source button in HTML editor to turn on the html view and paste your previously made page's html.
In reply to ben reynolds

by springgrass Pham -
Hi all,
Thank you for your answers. HTML linkings would help, but is is going to be a problem if I copy the course to another location?

I can paste the html into the html editor, but it's a pain to change the style format on every single page.

thanks,

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Sorry but this could be a pain. I believe students would have to be enrolled or allowed access to both courses for them to access the url.

Ideas: put your files in a "common" course, think of it as a library, then the url will not change in the Moodlesite. Not sure how many used this concept. Some put these files on the site level folder, others have a course for a department and enroll all students in a department. The idea is to put documents or lessons which are common or useful to one or more courses/teachers.

Learn a little more about Meta course, where enrolment in one automatically enrolls the student in another other. See the first example on that page, students in any one of many different courses are automatically enrolled in the meta course.

Hope this helps. Chris