Need Help Creating Grades for Multiple courses

Need Help Creating Grades for Multiple courses

by Jamie Tinley -
Number of replies: 1

Anyone have a better mousetrap idea?

As a background, we are a homeschool with 7th through 12 can take some online courses provided through moodle. Students are assigned to homeroom teachers but they don't teach them - only record student progress each month for each subject. HR teachers sign their students up in moodle to take courses from various moodle teachers who do MOST of the grading EXCEPT for the monthly progress report.

Our superintendent wants to have all the homeroom teachers give student progress reports for every course to each moodle teacher. They have up to 30 students all in different moodle classes. Right now, some HR teachers are having to email 60-90 reports monthly to various Moodle teacher who then add it to their grade either inside or outside moodle.

solutions I thought of but please give me ideas if you see a faster way. Keep in mind the limiting factors can add up fast like uploading pages on internet or sending emails: just imagine having to do this for 100 grades and your solution will be more realistic:

currently: each teacher emails every moodle teacher a separate file for every student they have. Each moodle teacher inputs every file into every student’s grade either inside or outside moodle.

1. HR teachers type reports for every student inside moodle by giving HR teachers editing teacher status

Pros: it's right in moodle already saving moodle teacher time

Cons: page loading time going into 60-90 different grades would take way too long

We don’t really want them seeing grades of all other students too

2. Excel solution: teachers email one person (me likely) one page in excel where they list each student, grade, comment for that month’s effort. When all excel sheets for all teachers are collected, I run a program to extract each page information to one excel sheet page and then sort it by moodle class. Then send to each moodle teacher by coping their class students with all the comments/grades.

I could either email whole excel file to the moodle teachers who paste into moodle each student.

I could export it as csv file from excel and have each teacher import it to moodle (better if I train)

Is there a way I could import them to Different moodle classes from one csv file? (saving time by not sending it out to each teacher and waiting for them to upload it themselves)

3. some better way in moodle to create grades in ONE place but have those grades show up in DIFFERENT moodle classes???

Thanks in advance for your ideas

James

In reply to Jamie Tinley

Re: Need Help Creating Grades for Multiple courses

by Mert gokkaya -
are you referring to progress reports? is this a MySql installation? and also do you want detailed or and of the quarter report( detailed is one with the categories and all assignments under it)