Moodle is performing multiple daily backups...

Moodle is performing multiple daily backups...

by Andrew Grant -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

A strange thing is happening. I am receiving email notifications of multiple successful daily backups.

I am using Moodle 1.3.1 on a Mac running OS 10.3.4.

I began by testing the backups at random intervals through out the day. I tested it by setting the time to the closest next 5 minute interval and watching to see if it successfully backed up.

When I was done testing, I set the time to midnight and figured all was good.

Now I am receiving multiple emails daily telling me that the backups were successfully completed.

I only see one time for the backups and 7 days. How do I disable all the former testing times I used?

This doesn't seem to make sense.

Sincerely,

Andrew
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Grant

Re: Moodle is performing multiple daily backups...

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Andrew,

first of all, I highly recommend you to update your server to 1.3.3 as soon as possible. In 1.3.2 some fixes were applied to solve some "growing temp directories" problem. In 1.3.3 backup and restore was modified allowing internal links to be totally (near) cross-platform compatible.

About your problem, I think that your tests haven't nothing to do with your "repeated" emails. In that page you specify the time (once) and the days (from 1 to 7) when you want to execute your "automatic" backups.

The only reason I've found in the past to receive multiple emails is that your scheduled process isn't finishing grateful usually due to some problem one of your courses.

If you take a look to your messages and to the "logs" link in the "Admin/Scheduled Backup" page, perhaps you will be able to detect your problematic course.

Wrong file names or course short names or wrong perms use to be common problems in backups, specially in old courses.

If you don't find the cause, you can send me (privately, if you want) a copy of your messages and the logs page. I'll try to analyse them. Temporary access as admin will be welcome and will accelerate testing too!

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Moodle is performing multiple daily backups...

by Andrew Grant -
You are right. There is an error on all of the backup messages for that day. I don't know why it errored out... but I will upgrade today to see if it solves the issues.

Thank you,

Andrew