Weird behaviour authentication from PostNuke .7.2.6

Weird behaviour authentication from PostNuke .7.2.6

by Marc Paré -
Number of replies: 2
I was just wondering if anyone has ever encountered this.  I have a moodle site that is accessed from my website www.frenchasasecondlanguage.org  On the left hand menu you can choose the moodle site:  "Tutoraux/Tutorials" after having registered and logged-in at the PostNuke site. 

I have 4 networked computers at my house and can use the link without any problems on 3 computers once logged-in.  On one of my computers, I can log in properly but cannot be authenticated into the moodle site.  The computer setups are these:

Link and authentication works on:

Computer #1:  Dual boot Win98/Mandrake 10
Computer #2:  Dual boot Win98/Mandrake 10
Computer #3:  Win98

Does not work on:
Computer #4:  Dual boot WinXP/Mandrake10

Any ideas?  I have had some people who have complained of such behaviour before.

Marc Paré
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Paré

Re: Weird behaviour authentication from PostNuke .7.2.6

by Hans de Zwart -
Have you tried deleting all the cookies? That has worked for me on a similar problem once.
In reply to Hans de Zwart

Re: Weird behaviour authentication from PostNuke .7.2.6

by Marc Paré -
Thanks for the note Hans. 

After a couple days of trouble shooting here is what fixed the problem.  We use Firefox/Thunderbird as well as NVu (web development soft) all Mozilla-based software at home. 

On linux ... I erased the .firefox and .phoenix files and re-installed Firefox.

On Windows XP ... I erased the Mozilla profile folder in the "Application Data" folder.  I then erased the "Phoenix" folder from the "Application Data" folder.

Both of these corrected the problem and I am now able to login from my PostNuke site to my Moodle site.

Cheers

Marc