Problems with Teacher's Forum after upgrading 1.63 to 1.8

Problems with Teacher's Forum after upgrading 1.63 to 1.8

by Daniel Meyrath -
Number of replies: 6
Hi,
After upgrading to 1.8 from 1.63, teachers cannot access existing teacher forums (access denied). As admin, you are able to view the headlines of the forum but when you click on them to view the article, you receive an empty page.
When creating new courses, a teacher's forum is NOT set up automatically. When creating one manually, everything works fine including "roles" and viewing articles.
Any help, especially with restoring the forum entries, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Daniel
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Meyrath

Re: Problems with Teacher's Forum after upgrading 1.63 to 1.8

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Daniel,

I've observed this bug too and added a report in the tracker - bug MDL-9590. Perhaps you could add more information to help ensure it's quickly fixed.

by Daniel Meyrath -
I could work around this problem by exporting explicitly each teacher forum from moodle 1.7 after having updated from 1.6. to 1.7 and then importing it into 1.8 with the option "add to existing data". Then deleting the old, not viewable teacher forums and using the new duplicates, which work.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Please note that this bug has been fixed in Moodle 1.8.1 and 1.9. Thanks Martin! approve
In reply to Helen Foster

by Samuli Karevaara -
We are still experiencing this... Using 1.8.2+ from this morning.

Edit: Admins can now see the posts in the legacy Teacher Forums, but the teachers still can not.
In reply to Samuli Karevaara

by Tim Noakes -

I am experiencing problems with Teachers accessing Teacher forums on two courses. We are a 1.9.5+ site. Both Teachers are assigned the Teacher Role but when they try to access the Teacher Forums they get Access denied! Any help please?

Many thanks,

Tim Noakes

Moodle Admin.

South Leicestershire College

In reply to Tim Noakes

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'm not sure they have teacher forums anymore in later versions of Moodle -what we tend to do is make a regular forum and hide it with the eye.