Can't create forum posts

Can't create forum posts

by Koen N -
Number of replies: 1
I'm having some very strange issues with the forums inside our moodle and I have no idea what's causing it.

We're using Moodle 1.9.5+ (Build: 20090805).
I can create new forums, but I cannot create any discussions in them.

There is one forum which has a single post in it, I'm not sure if this was created before the problem appeared or if it was imported from another moodle platform. I can edit this post but I cannot post any replies or add new topics on this forum either.

I have a second moodle installation on this server, the exact same build. I use this for testing out things. On this second installation creating forumposts works fine so I don't think it's a problem in the build. I don't have a clue what might be causing the problems in the other system though

The errormessage when trying to create a new topic is this: http://docs.moodle.org/en/error/forum/couldnotadd

I've tried it with teacher and with admin accounts, same results.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Koen N

Re: Can't create forum posts

by Koen N -
I have been trying some things to get it fixed.

I've upgraded the moodle installation to the latest weekly version of 1.9.6 by removing the moodle folder but keeping the database, data folder and config file. The upgrade went well but the problem is still there.

So I tried something else, when I empty the forum_discussions and forum_posts table I can create a single new thread without any problems, but trying to create a second or to create a reply gives the same old problem again. So I can create a single post in my forum tables and after that things go wrong again.