The first Moodle activity for a physical classroom. The idea comes from Purdue University's hotseat.
Some possible uses:
- Students can post questions in "real" time during a face-to-face class.
- Students can post questions 24/7 in a course.
- Can be used as a "Suggestion Box" in a course.
- Can be used for student analysis of any kind of data placed in the description.
- Can be used for student analysis of a video placed in the description.
- Can be used for quick polls.
Inside or outside classroom, students can post into this activity from any device which can access the Moodle site. Students can also vote on others' posts, so that the hottest post will be popped up to the top of the list. Teachers can comment on selected posts in the classroom, or by other means that are available in Moodle.
Recently added new capabilities:
- Added setting for, "Display description on course page."
- Added settings for open and close Availability dates.
- Added setting to allow changing, "Submit your question here" to whatever the teacher wants when creating a Hot Question activity.
- Included an optional icon for this activity, that is more "activity purpose" neutral than the light bulb.
- Site admin, teacher, or manager can delete individual questions.
- Teacher or manager can download questions from the classroom Hot Question activity.
- Site admin can download questions from Hot Question activity for the whole site.
- Site admin, teacher, or manager can delete any round they are currently viewing including any questions and votes in the round.
- When anyone clicks on the Hot Question link in an Activities block, they see a list of all Hot Question activities in the course along with how many unique users, and how many unique questions were posted the current round.