Blocks: Sharing Cart
Maintained by Don Hinkelman, Tue Korsgaard
**New: Sharing Cart 3.8, release 10 fixes numorous minor bugs and enhancements** The Sharing Cart is a block that enables sharing of Moodle content (resources, activities) between multiple courses on your site. Sharing Cart 3.0 was submitted to Remote Learner for independent vetting and passed May 2016. Includes new interface programmed by Praxis of Denmark, in addition to 'Section Copy' feature and Postgres compatibility (co-funded by Ulm University, Germany and Sapporo Gakuin University, Japan).
Sharing Cart 3.3, release 1 for Moodle 3.3
- General comments
- This new version adds a powerful feature called 'section copy'. Now a teacher can move a whole section of activities and resources with a single click into the Sharing Cart and a single click out of the cart and into the new course location. It also brings Boost compatibility and stability.
- By adding section copy onto the already easy interface for copying and moving items, the Sharing Cart is a must-have tool for anyone who builds courses and works across multiple courses. For teams who collaborate on course authoring, the Sharing Cart gives easy tool to quickly build a new course based on multiple past versions of the course.
- This plugin gives teachers a simple way to move and copy course activities and resources. It is a simple cherry-picker. In that sense, it makes Moodle more useful than having to use a long chain of clicks and commands. Simple means more accessible.
- I am no way knowledgeable about the technical code, except to say that that code depends totally on Moodle core backup and restore, and all the baggage and bugs it carries. Please vote for tracker issues MDL-41924 and MDL-12403. Solving these will allow backups that save only the quiz questions that are needed, not the whole question bank of the site.
Sharing Cart 2.9, release 1 for Moodle 2.9
- General comments
- This is one of those plugins that I will only upgrade to a new version of Moodle once I have verified that it still works! Sharing cart allows teachers to easily share/copy activities between different courses. It is much faster than the duplicate feature (I have been told) and very user friendly. It adds an entry in the activity/resource edit menu that you click to Copy to Sharing Cart. The activity/resource then just jumps over to the Sharing Cart block and can then be ...