Reports: Ad-hoc database queries
Maintained by Tim Hunt, Mahmoud Kassaei
This report plugin allows Administrators to set up arbitrary database queries to act as ad-hoc reports. Reports can be of two types, either run on demand, or scheduled to run automatically. Other users with the right capability can go in and see a list of queries that they have access to. Results can be viewed on-screen or downloaded as CSV.
Ad-hoc database queries 3.6 for Moodle 3.3+
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Changes in 3.6
- New feature for columns that are links. If the SQL query returns two
name_link_url(for any value of
name) then the that will be shown as a single column of links, where the visible link text comes from the
namecolumn, and the URL comes from the
- The exact case of the column titles is extracted from the query. So,
if your query is
SELECT 'x' AS My_HTML, previously the table would display the column heading as 'my html'. Now it will show 'My HTML'.
- A summary of the number of rows output under the table.
- Moodle 3.3 compatibility re-established thanks to Paul Holden.
- Behat tests fixed for Moodle 3.6.
Moodle 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 3.6 for Moodle 3.3+
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.3, Moodle 3.4, Moodle 3.5, Moodle 3.6
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Reports
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myreport") in the "report" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation